FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bitzie. Took the plunge & iTunes alternative

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 5:36pm
Have just seen an App on the OSX store - FLAC Convertor Pro (£2.69). Drag a folder with FLACs into it and out pops a folder with ALAC M4A files. All metadata is preserved. But you need OS X 10.7 or later and a 64-bit processor.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by c_subich c_subich wrote:

O.K. Jeremy I'm a newbie here also.

I have been running music on a Mac mini for several years and Pure Music is my app of choice. You still retain all of the iTunes organization (database, playlists etc.) but Pure Music piggybacks on it by way of Apple's CoreAudio technology. It works very well and is less expensive than Amarra. If you search for it you can download a time limited trial so that you can evaluate it for free.

I use this program too...very nice program and well worth the cost for the sonic improvements over straight iTunes output...all updates are free and after sales is first class
Derek
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Have just seen an App on the OSX store - FLAC Convertor Pro (£2.69). Drag a folder with FLACs into it and out pops a folder with ALAC M4A files. All metadata is preserved. But you need OS X 10.7 or later and a 64-bit processor.
I just had a look Bob.  There are so many to choose from!  How to choose?
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 6:29pm
I think the only way to choose Ifor, is to do a big of Googling for opinions and then download some and see how they work for you. The App store prices are pretty minimal . . . 
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Stewboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 7:53pm
XLD is free and converts just about anything to anything.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 8:49pm
As is Max which I already have.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic