FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

A weekend with the Lautus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:57pm
Thanks Ash and Rich,
        Getting a Majestic was serendipitous: I'd been saving for Proprii when room reorganisation within the house left me without a DAC in my main system. I kept saving and eventually had enough for the Majestic. Now the long road towards Proprii begins again!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:53am
Update. 24 hours gone. You know that feeling you get with a bad head cold, where everything sounds slightly muted and closed in? That's how my old cables now sound compared to the Lautus. What used to sound like better bass with the old cable now sounds like more (too much) bass, the soundstage is shallow and high percussion sounds are all tizz, no body.
The Lautus is the opposite. Rich and balanced.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

Thanks Ash and Rich,
        Getting a Majestic was serendipitous: I'd been saving for Proprii when room reorganisation within the house left me without a DAC in my main system. I kept saving and eventually had enough for the Majestic. Now the long road towards Proprii begins again!
Mick.

Hi Mick, as someone who has recently taken ownership of a pair of Proprius amps I can tell you that they are well worth saving for. I'm really pleased with my system which also includes the Majestic. Brilliant hi-fi!

'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 12:27pm
Alrighty then. Don't I feel the fool! I've read in these pages time and again about the synergy between GSP products, but if my reaction to my latest change is any indication, there was a big chunk of my brain that wasn't on board. My new Lautus interconnects have been in situ for four days now, running between CD player and amp. The CD player has been on shuffle repeat all that time to help out the burn in process. Tonight I finally installed them in their intended destination, from Reflex M to amp.
   The gains in body, colour, groove and sound stage are remarkable. The sense of three dimensional, solid bodies is wonderful. The Lautus is doing things for the Reflex M that it wasn't doing for the CD player, despite my comments a few posts back about comparisons with my big name US cable.
    Amplification is currently an ageing Arcam Alpha 9 integrated, but when my Majestic arrives early this week it will take over preamp duties and the Alpha 9 will be used as power amp. With a suite of Lautus and Libran cable hooking it all together I'm hoping for more of the synergy I'm enjoying right now.
Cheers,
Mick.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 12:36pm
Cannonball Adderley is on fire and "Mars" from Adrian Boult's LPO Planets recording on EMI is frightening. In the best way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic