FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cleaning Hi Fi Systems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning Hi Fi Systems
    Posted: 21 Jun 2008 at 8:23am
One problem I have is dusting my system as it is rack mounted.

I have found a reasonable solution, it is a "Pledge - Fluffy Duster ". It is a fluffy duster ( Yup ! ) on an extending plastic handle that fits under most of the equipment on racks, and can be assisted by lifting equipment at the edges !!

The fluffy duster ( apologies about this ! ) attracts dust and allergens. They are also only a couple of quid!

Adrian. 
WhaleBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhaleBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 9:49pm
I use a micro-fibre duster wrapped around a 30cm plastic ruler

Hang on. What am I doing? Blokes, discussing cleaning tips?
Darren/Audio Elevati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 1:26pm
I'm a closet user of the Pledge fluffy duster too.  Oh no, outed by a forum.
Chivas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chivas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 8:06am
My equipment is also rack mounted, 6 layers and for some reason all the dust in the world seems to be attracted to my equipment. When it comes to my audio gear, I believe I may suffer from a mild to severe case of OCD, so found myseld dusting every single day, this is both time consuming and I aso fear scratching, so have resorted to pressurised air, usually used for PC's, bought from Maplin. Not sure if this could be damaging, but obviously dont use it when my equipment is hot or directly into air vents and so far so good
WhaleBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhaleBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:54pm
You need help, my friend
Chivas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chivas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 10:40pm
You think...?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 1:29am
Originally posted by WhaleBlue WhaleBlue wrote:

You need help, my friend

Do you mean he needs to get a cleaner to come in twice a week? ............................

LOL
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic