FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Voyager Battery Lasts 2.5 Years!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Voyager Battery Lasts 2.5 Years!!!
    Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 4:32pm
We recently got a Voyager back after 2.5 years use.

The problem which we cured shortly after that batch was made was simply a plastic moulding "bump" which if the Voyager was squashed - if sat upon for example - caused a shielding plate to short onto a part of the circuit. The cure was to grind off the internal bump.

Anyway, we sorted the problem, but I noticed the battery... I asked John C if he thought it was the same battery, and he said it looks like it. We supply an "industrial" battery not available in the shops you see.

Anyway, if it is the same one, then it must be a record! It was still going strong!

Unbelievable!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
discrete badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discrete badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 7:50pm
Customer running it exclusively on USB or wall-wart power perhaps?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by discrete badger discrete badger wrote:

Customer running it exclusively on USB or wall-wart power perhaps?

I'd guess so.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
GoSUV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 2:42am
I use mine about 2 hours a day (Monday to Friday), and tend to replace the battery every 3 months or so. That's way more than the battery life quoted. But when I do replace the battery, it is just due to peace of mind, fearing that running the battery too low might cause liquid leakage and damage the amp, rather than due to necessity (the volume is still strong enough and the LED is still bright).

Having said this, for 3 years owning the amp, I have never heard how the Voyager with a depleted battery sounds like. I have always replaced the battery way before it is completely exhausted.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic