FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Spatia Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
Author
PaulRS View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by ellisdj ellisdj wrote:

Madonna - Like a Prayer from the immaculate collection is an excellent song for this - sounds outside the speakers

You get a drummer off to the right at the start and throughout - then you get a choir round both sides of you a bit later on - excellent bit of producing to get that effect.

Whenever i read someones descriptions of sound quality and sound stage and i have the same music i just have to see if i get the same experience!
This one blew me away at first, then i thought it was weird, then i thought it was just not realistic to have drums coming out of the wall 5 feet in front of the speakers. So i had to find out what was going on with the production.
This was the first time i had heard what i now know to be "QSound".   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSound
No Music, No Life!
Paul
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 7:59pm
Q sound (2-channel) is a good test as it can easily collapse under less-than-ideal conditions. Waters uses it on Amused To Death, and I use that as an audition test piece. Very frustrating if a new design doesn't pull it off as I won't let it be made if it doesn't.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
PaulRS View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Q sound (2-channel) is a good test as it can easily collapse under less-than-ideal conditions. Waters uses it on Amused To Death, and I use that as an audition test piece. Very frustrating if a new design doesn't pull it off as I won't let it be made if it doesn't.

I will have to get Amused To Death to test with my new Accession!

Graham, this is probably not the right place to ask but is the 2 weeks lead time a minimum time to ship? I ask because i will be on holiday and do not want the Accession to arrive while i am away, so i need to plan my order date.
No Music, No Life!
Paul
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 6:09am
Best to fire off a contact form because the recipient (John C) can arrange just about anything given the information.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Amused to Death is a great album full of detail, effects & atmosphere that reveals
more as the reproduction system improves but it can sound hard in places if the system
isn't up to it.

The quietly voiced question to Alf Razzell at the end can be indistinct but through a good system
(a Majestic with CD!) can be heard easily.

"When was it that you saw his name on the memorial?"..

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
  Share Topic