FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

GSP Speaker cable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 8:19pm
The prices appear to range from about £190 for a 1 metre pair to £432 for a 20 metre pair - all terminated. See http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/spatia-speaker-cable.htm for more detail.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:09pm
Thanks Ian, I missed the link. It's only my opinion but £215 for a 3m pair seems pretty reasonable for what I heard the other night. Interested to hear everyone' views.
Jon
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:42pm
It is very hard for those of us from across the pond to comment on price. This because:

1. VAT of 20% versus ours sales tax of around 5-7%
2. Most electronic components are costlier in the EU than over here.

Having said that the price does not seem out of line. However, I believe the Spatia deserves a bit sturdier banana plugs.
Miguel
ellisdj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellisdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 9:48pm
I have had the cables in for today and I am so far impressed.
The finish qualty is excellent and I feared they would be stiff cables and hard to lay but they are not- they are very soft.  They are certainly unique with the braiding outer layer

They remind me of how the cusat 50 sounds as an interconnect which I really like - its an honest presentation thats how I interpret it.

The next test is the true test - the go away test - go away with expectations and then go back the next day and does it live up to it but so far very good !!
ellisdj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellisdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 11:39am
A quick follow on day 2 proved better than day one, which is a true sign of somethings quality.
I have also moved my speakers to improve things as I was able to hear where things just werent right which is another good sign.

I will try and write ar review in the next week or so once I had had a little more time to appreciate them

Edited by ellisdj - 19 Nov 2012 at 11:42am
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 11:05am
I installed the 3.5m set of cables on the main speakers used for TV watching in the living room. They have about 30 hours of use and should have more information by this coming weekend. Cheers.

Edited by mrarroyo - 20 Nov 2012 at 11:06am
Miguel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic