FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Phono Preamp Pt2: MC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
DogBox View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogBox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 1:31pm
Hello there Graham,

I sincerely hope you have been coping with the virus, lock-downs, etc., the change that the world is suffering from. Truly tragic... 
Gathering some parts, I 'was' able to get a couple of MJE243 to make up a pair of MC Head Amps as per previous instruction and wonder if fitting them as best I can and then maybe heat shrink the tag strips with an RCA plug will be ok as far as picking up unwanted interference goes? 
Noticed a design with (unfamiliar to me) ZTX851/951 [NPN/PNP] pairing  supposedly low-noise as an MC head amp? A design fraught with problems? Simple to look at layout for the UN-iniated..(?) 
 Will also look into that material from Mr Elliott (different address  https://sound-au.com/project25.htm ) in the hope of learning 'something'! 
 I hope you don't mind my returning and asking your highly esteemed advice. Working on saving the AUD$1160 for an Elevator. A Masterful piece! 
Kind Regards, 
Steve G 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic