FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Oriton Black Bullets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:14am
Thanks to Marsh for sharing his find, I hope it continues to provide listening pleasure. I share tg's feelings about sharing our ideas on this community without challenging each other to provide evidence.
Jon
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 12:39pm
Yes, by all means send them your £55.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Marsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:40pm
Yes, Graham - the Bullets were added between a Cusat50 and Ultra Linear Solo.

Apologies for having no 'technical' expertise regarding what the components do - all I can report is the impact on my ears - yes, totally subjective and no proof to offer!

The effect was totally unexpected in a very, very nice way, especially in revealing alot more of the little details that sometimes get hidden. They don't seem to add anything unwelcome to the sound and with my HD650's added more sparkle and life to the treble. I think the cliche is 'lifting the veil'.

For me, the best (value for money) tweak I have come across in 20 odd years of system building.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Marsh Marsh wrote:

Yes, Graham - the Bullets were added between a Cusat50 and Ultra Linear Solo.

Apologies for having no 'technical' expertise regarding what the components do - all I can report is the impact on my ears - yes, totally subjective and no proof to offer!

The effect was totally unexpected in a very, very nice way, especially in revealing alot more of the little details that sometimes get hidden. They don't seem to add anything unwelcome to the sound and with my HD650's added more sparkle and life to the treble. I think the cliche is 'lifting the veil'.

For me, the best (value for money) tweak I have come across in 20 odd years of system building.

I've no problem with that.

The only way I know of removing "the veil" taken in this context is by inserting a series inductor which will kill any RF on the signal and an inductor would indeed fit those adapters, and their explanation tends to suggest that to the engineer. They do the same thing in those "cheap" Antiference TV aerial Y splitters to stop one TV interfering with another.

In development of equipment I don't use such things or similar, simply because I could end up with false solutions which didn't work for every customer. A fully shielded inductor is fine, but an inductor inside a piece of equipment can be very problematic (it is both a receiving and transmitting aerial).

A series inductor can also be a double edged sword - it all depends on the load being driven. Our designs are tested with all sorts of loads to ensure their stability, so, if these are indeed series inductors, then they may have side-effects with some gear.

Must try a similar marketing trick though. Maybe it would change my fortunes? Something on the lines of...

"Magical spell-binding three dimensional imaging"

Could also be worth the weeks of work to change the website to black - black seems to pull the customers better than our boring old informative no BS website....

I think that's what gets my goat more than the actual product.

Edited by Graham Slee - 18 Jun 2012 at 9:04pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic