FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

GS interconnects with other label equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Petri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GS interconnects with other label equipment
    Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 5:13pm

I'd like to try GS interconnects with my turntable system. It has Transfiguration spirit mk3 cartridge with regular RB250 arm and Clearaudio Balance RIAA. Pre amplifier is Copland CTA-301 mkII tube amp.

I have used Audiquest Ruby, but it's sound is little "muddy", now i have Nordost RedDawn but i had so good experiences with GS Revelation with my earlier 10X5 cartridge that would like give a shot to either of your interconnects. Do you think it would be good match ?

Can those interconnects be used in two meter lenghts ? Would be easier to place turntable and amplifiers further from speakers.

Thanks

Petri

Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 8:07pm
Hi Petri, as the RB cable is fixed I assume you don't mean from turntable to preamp?

Our phono to phono cables (primarily the Cusat50, but also the Agsat90) can be used with all phono socketed equipment.

They are designed to well and truly keep out radio interference - this is important as radio interference can give rise to an over-bright sound. If that is what is needed, our silver-loaded Agsat90 should deliver the "goods".

Both types are directional, which means they give a more together performance one way round than the other (tried by us in "double blind tests"). Don't ask me how this works - I'm just a simple electronics designer Wink

The Agsat90 can only be done in 1m lengths because that's as far as we can feed the "soft" silver wire reliably.

The Cusat50 is available in 1, 1.5, 2, 3 and 4.5m lengths.

Please see http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/Interconnects/cusat50.htm for further product details, and http://www.audiocontrol.co.uk/graham_slee/cusat.htm to buy direct (the plugs in the picture are right at the first link but wrong on our shop site)
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Petri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 8:30pm
Thanks for the reply, yes i ment from RIAA to pre amp.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic