FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

741 op-amp revisited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 12:21am
Great, some 741 op-amp electronics. At last, a topic I can relate to. Thanks for posting; an interesting read.
Dave Friday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 10:42am
I built a "Texan" in 1971 that used 741 and 748 chips in the preamp, the output stage [tip41/42] didnt use any emmiter resistors!!] it sounded ok but picked up taxis!
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Dave Friday Dave Friday wrote:

I built a "Texan" in 1971 that used 741 and 748 chips in the preamp, the output stage [tip41/42] didnt use any emmiter resistors!!] it sounded ok but picked up taxis!

I'm not at all surprised.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Paperweight View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paperweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:50am
Which particular parts/passives do op amps wear out? I'm guessing it's internal parts.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Paperweight Paperweight wrote:

Which particular parts/passives do op amps wear out? I'm guessing it's internal parts.

Perhaps due to "fatigue" after several decades, but if not run beyond their capabilities, and not exposed to the ravages of the elements, there is no wear out.

Edited by Graham Slee - 17 Feb 2017 at 7:22am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic