FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Lauren White (analogue female vocals)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Analog Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analog Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lauren White (analogue female vocals)
    Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 1:13pm
Lauren White:

*She is 20 years old.
*She is pretty.
*She has a lovely voice.
*...and her new debut album was recorded and mixed entirely in analogue:

"The all analogue two inch 24-track masters were mixed down to 1/2 inch 30 ips stereo at LA-FX in Burbank, CA. These master tapes were then used in the mastering of both the LP and SACD and feature a stunning all analogue recording experience! This new release is a must have for all fans of superb audiophile quality female vocals."

The vinyl edition of her album is a 45-rpm double LP. Samples can be heard here:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GRV1037

Edited by Analog Kid - 15 Apr 2008 at 1:14pm
Charley Phogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charley Phogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 4:38pm
I'm not into the new music coming out lately, nor any new music for the past few decades except for a few groups for that matter, but latley it seems more and more are releasing Albums now. They say history always repeats itself, 'tis nice for all these " young ones to get exposed ( no, not that kind of exposed ) to actual analog. Thumbs%20Up

Maybe some will dump those mp3 players and enjoy music the way it was spossed to be LOL
Analog Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analog Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 2:44pm
I change my mind. After doing some more listening I find that she sounds rather generic and mediocre and is not much different from any other female vocalist in her genre. Bah...but I might still buy her album just for the sake of hearing something in pure analog; a rare pleasure these days from new releases.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic