FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Zero NFB and the Flux Capacitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zero NFB and the Flux Capacitor
    Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 8:40am
Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him, and from that point forth was introduced a thing called the competitor. An innocent word is competitor - the correct word is adversary!

I'm sure you wouldn't be taken in by the following component...

"The flux capacitor, which consisted of a regularly squared compartment with three flashing Geissler style-tubes (arranged in a "Y" ..."

It is from the film "Back to the Future" - it is make-believe.

But many are taken in by Pure Class A, Zero Negative Feedback and PIMPO (Peak Instantaneous Music Power Output)!

However, as I preach from this pulpit to an empty church, those, having gone after false gods and idols, will not be hearing my words. Or if you do, the temptation will surely overtake you. What's that I hear? Yes the slamming of the door as the last one runs out chasing his very own cloud to sit upon (not realising they're made from water vapour and unable to take his/her weight).

What exactly has got my goat this morning? Zero NFB, that's what!

Because they know that the average punter has no idea about electronics, they can get away with such a damned complete lie!

But I hear people say how musical and detailed such devices are. And my answer to that is, "So is the fuzz-box in the hands of a great guitarist".

Every active component (thermionic valve, bipolar junction transistor, field effect transistor ...) suffers negative feedback, otherwise absolutely anything would be possible. If it were true then why do these things start to produce a triangular waveform and stop following the sine wave injected at their input at frequencies near the upper end of the audio band? Obviously there is negative feedback at work here!

Perpetual motion claims are rejected at the patents office! Claims akin to the flux capacitor should be rejected by your pay packet!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 6:36pm
Hmmm, I wonder if I could use a flux capacitor on the tone control on my Tele? It won't do much till I reach 88mph. However, the tone and volume controls shunt some electrical energy to ground so damping the string vibrations a tiny bit, which would be NFB I guess?

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic