FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 395396397
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by suede suede wrote:

I dragged out Radiohead's The Bends today. This is one album that really should be played loud to get the full effect. At the same time elegant and well put together art rock as it is some gritty angst-fuelled heavy rock just brimming with unbridled emotion. It never fails to transport me back to the way life felt when you were of a certain age. When even if you may have been lacking a clear direction in life and oftentimes felt a little lost, life also felt boundless and thrilling and feelings were all in technicolour. This album for me captures this all, perhaps not as concised as Teenage kicks did for Jon Peel but I'm guessing in the same way. H*ll I'll play this one over again 

Probably my favorite RH album if I'm being honest...
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 8:11pm
It is my favourite Radiohead album too, a real classic. One of my brother's favourites, he gave copies to many of his friends.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 5:44pm
Finally got around to buying a copy of Peter Gabriel's latest album the other day. I got the 2xCD + BR edition and listened to the "Inside Mix" downmixed to 2 channel audio. Will need to spend some more time with the album and listen to the other mixes but liked it quite a bit on the first go.

Edited by patientot - 21 Mar 2024 at 6:18pm
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 4:25pm
The Bends is one of my favourites too.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 1:26pm

I'm not a big fan of orchestral arrangements on rock albums but I've taken a liking to this one. Tommy with the London Symphony Orchestra and Chambre Choir. It has some excellent soloists and singers, even Ringo takes a good part 'Fiddling About'.  The orchestral recordinary give a soundstage and instrument placement that has to be heard, quite excellent through GS gear.

Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 395396397
  Share Topic