FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cable question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
regvic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cable question
    Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 1:22am
As a new GSP Elevator/Reflex M owner, at the risk asking the controversial, what interconnect cables are recommended or being used by other forum members, particularly with a passive preamp setup?  The rest of my system are SL1200 (extremely modified)/SME309/Ortofon Rondo Bronze with Rothwell Indus SE passive & First Watt J2 amp into Omega Super 6 monitors.
My preference is leaning towards solid core silver cables but I am concerned about screening & capacitance/bandwidth issues which are generally poor on this type of cable.

A comment on the extraordinary Elevator, had mine for 10 weeks and it is still running in and getting better every day, it really started to "sing" in the last week. Unbelievably good and extraordinarily different to anything I have previously owned. I'd love to understand why this run in is taking so long, I've never had any piece of hi fi gear, and I've had a lot over the last 35 years, that's taken anywhere near as long and only one other hardware component I thought was as transformational. Any suggestions welcome.

Edited by regvic - 16 Jun 2011 at 11:53pm
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 11:09am

Hi reg,

welcome, as to the length of burn-in, that does seem a long time, have you had it powered on all that time ?

Still, if it is now sounding as good as you describe, it was worth the wait.

Not having a passive preamp I am not sure I can give you much help on the cable issue, though I have used and liked VDH First Ultimate, The Second and D102 Silver Jubilee.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic