FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Audio Projects Magazine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Chaucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 3:28pm
Hi all,

May I be the one who asks for news about Graham running through the very heat of hell fire for us all ?

LOL

I bet many of us are still holding their breath !

John

Edited by Chaucer - 24 Jun 2010 at 3:30pm
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 8:52pm
"Of Mice and Men is a novella written by Nobel Prize-winning author John Steinbeck. Published in 1937, it tells the tragic story of George Milton and Lennie Small, two displaced migrant ranch workers during the Great Depression in California." (Wiki)

Now, I know it is obvious that few understand that the UK, USA and other parts of the world are going through a similar depression which puts additional pressures on those who earn the national crust.

e.g. exporters and the nice way we get treated by the taxman (of Ephraim: the silly dove of Hosea) in times such as these whilst having to work longer hours - I'm already over the 72 hour week - to find more of the national crust. Corporation tax is 21% and that is how the country is supposed to earn its keep, lest the Siamese-twin Eaton educated prime ministers are unaware...

However, the truth of this great depression is now emerging and I feel very sorry for those under the age of 61 in the UK who will have to work an extra year (to 66) in failing health to support the greedy.

O sucks! I just lost 1% of our customer base! But somebody has to stand up to the fat pieces of lard.

At the same time we hear that 6 of the fat pieces of lard are to get over £2m in bonuses from the public purse...

For failing to reach target!

But, I am happy! I love the struggle because one day it will have all been worth it. I will also come out by saying I earn £10.68 per hour (work it out...)

Even though the UK is going down the flush, Graham Slee Projects Limited is busily investing in the future having already spent £7k on better test gear and is embarking on a £20k upgrade of workshop facilities, because somebody has to try and earn the dosh for the great lumps of lard to fill their troughs with.

So what's that to do with an Audio Electronics Magazine?

Nothing really apart from I found my cramped conditions made it impossible to compile a magazine and that once the improved workshop facilities are complete in August/September this year I will at last have my own R&D bench (instead of sharing one with production) and space to set up more prototypes... LUXURY!

I can't wait - hope you can Hug

Edited by Graham Slee - 24 Jun 2010 at 8:57pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 10:31pm
Was that a brag or a complaint? I had to sell my reality meter in order to eat!     But there is no depression.
Miguel
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 10:52pm
Heck! And we Brits thought that middle management in the US was well paid!

Land of opportunity? Don't tell me the yanks lied? Wink

What a marvelous tool for finding the truth this Internet is! Smile
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 10:57pm
Graham, my comment was tongue in cheek. I feel I am well paid, if I wanted more I could go back and work overseas as I did before. However I used to work 70-80 per week and as you can imagine I had no life outside of work. I am much better now working 45-50 hours a week.
Miguel
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 9:29am
Just as aside ( sorry! ) I accidently watched part of a program on America on TV last night. It stated that 37,000,000 ( million ) americans receive 'Food Aid' Many have had their homes reposessed ( by the banks!!! ) as they cannot afford to keep up payments following the banking crisis. The film showed very many boarded up properties.

1 lady interviewed earns $24,000 a year and is on food aid!! as she cannot afford to buy food after paying rent, utilities, school fees, health fees etc. Crazy!

Perhaps Obama is too wrapped up in trying to bring down BP and GeneralsConfused 

Ooooer a bit political here Wink
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 1:02pm
Greed coupled with mismanagement caused many of the problems. People thought they could make money by buying a house/apt and then sell it at a profit, well the prices were unrealistic and the banks loaned the money knowing it. Guess what ... crisis in the making.

Some through no fault of their own lost their jobs when the companies they work for went overseas due to cheaper labor and less strict environmental laws. We also made things worse by buying products that were cheaper and thus created a self full filling cycle. Of course now the workers in some these countries are asking for higher pay, wonder what next?
Miguel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic