FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Audio Projects Magazine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:50pm
As I studied science at school and nothing remotely useful, will the proposed magazine include a ' how to section ' eg soldering!!

Adrian.
Breakable? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breakable? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 4:02pm
Hi,
I just wanted to register my interest in an audio projects magazine,Great idea. I loved building my Novo kit and look forward to building more kits or modifying the Novo (can it be improved as it sounds fantastic as it is).
Thank you to all at Graham Slee Audio for their true 'Hi-Fidelity' products and for their help,service and welcome when i visited G.S. HQ
RobW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:50am
OK. So it appears that the magazine didn't fly ... yet. But obviously I'd be interested.
Damn those economic realities
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 5:22am
Originally posted by RobW RobW wrote:

OK. So it appears that the magazine didn't fly ... yet. But obviously I'd be interested.
Damn those economic realities

I did say I was "in the process" on the 7th of this month - only ten days ago.

The magazine will fly, probably straight into a rock face(ed public), but never mind..., and the Phono Preamp Project on this forum is a taster of things to come - a really juicy taster I'd have thought? By gum! I'd have given my right arm for such priveledged insider knowledge back in the 70s! But I forgot that my world ended in 1979! Its tangibility has since been replaced by the intangible we call potential - something that could work, but we, in the west, simply don't have the will to get off our fat couches and make it work! (not intending to be offensive here Rob - this is aimed at the other nearly-trillion members of the human race)

Contained in it are a number of embodiments of subjects covered in "The Art..."

"The Art..." goes in for the steep university learning curve because it is written for that one guy (or guyess) who wishes to obtain a BSc in that ancient paleolithic art of electronics, rather than regurgitating the same old computer circuit in as many sub-miniature forms possible to make a guy called Jobs the richest man on the planet, so we will worship him..... for we are not worthy!

Do not worry RobW, I shall put myself through the very heat of hell fire to bring my great understanding of this Neanderthal art to you, my customer!

Such a great modern world insn't it? LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

(do you think I overdid it with the "Lord O Lord's"? I don't think so)

Edited by Graham Slee - 18 Jan 2010 at 5:26am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
RobW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:51pm
[QUOTE=Graham Slee]

I did say I was "in the process" on the 7th of this month - only ten days ago.
/QUOTE]

And so you did. Obviously I was suffering some form of brain damage when I posted that last comment.
(perhaps from trying to cram electronics theory into my head?)
I really do remember seeing "2008" on the posts. The brain softens.
To be honest, the desire to understand your Phono Preamp Project combined with the Novo kit experience
(coupled with my audiophile leanings) is exactly what fueled my curiosity about the subject.
I truly do view this an an Art and for me it is enough in and of itself to be just that. It's a luxury for me to be
able to view it that way. Different for you I suppose when it comes to being and artist running a business.
I notice your Solo amp was featured fairly favorably against a few others in Hi-Fi Choice this month -
you might be busy.

Loved the reference to the Divine Jobs
Off with his head.

Edited by RobW - 18 Jan 2010 at 1:55pm
jonclancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonclancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by mrarroyo mrarroyo wrote:

Graham, if there are 10 subscriptions then the actual benefit to the corporation would be 50 quid per edition. Still not a lot but ... it could grow as more people become aware and subscribe.

Hi All,

This is an interesting proposal.  One of the reasons I won't be renewing my sub to HiFi+ is that it has become less relevant to me over the past year or so (but I still like the music reviews).  For me, a tenner per issue for content only is too steep.  If there were some boards included and the like, then that would become, for me, more do-able.

However, if the subscription was wider than just the few people on here who have shown an interest, then this could really take off.  Look how popular the DIY section was in Hi-Fi World was reputed to be.  Win-win.  More income for the Corp, less cost per issue for the readers, more input into forum threads and future project requests.

My 2p

Cheers

Jon
J2004823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2004823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 5:09pm
Hi Graham,

Personally, I hold great admire to you and all those old-school engineers who ascented the EE to the form of an art in the field of audiophile. I too, like many other members of this forum, am interested in your upcoming magazine. However, the absence of required knowledge holds me back to the couch with much frustration. If only your magazine can contain some references to the basic knowledge which is needed to fully appreciate the content of your writings, I will be among the first wave of substribers to chip-in.
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro / iPod Classic 160GB (7G)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic