FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

GSP amps and JHA 13 Pros

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sceptre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sceptre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GSP amps and JHA 13 Pros
    Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 2:54am
I have the privilege of owning the new 6 way IEMs from JH Audio and spend most of there time connected to the super quiet Voyager.

Is there anything that can be done to ensure the hiss free operation of the Solo SRG that I enjoy from the Voyager?

Specs from website
119dB@1mW sensitivity
28 ohm impedance

Regards

Sceptre

Mac-Apogee Duet- Solo SRG PSU1
240GB iMod - ALO PV-Cap -Voyager, D10, LISA III
Cyrus DVD 7+Q
JH|13 Pro,D7000, Ed 9, RS-1, HD600 (APS v3), ATH ESW10, Pro750, HFI 780, IE8, SA6 HD25-11, e4c.
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 5:33pm
So you are saying that your Voyager with the JHA 13 Pros is quieter that when you use the Solo SRG with the JHA 13 Pros? If yes there is a thread where Graham discusses the ground not being perfect due to a locking washer not cutting through the anodized case. If that is the case he suggested scrapping through the anodizing to allow contact to occur and thus reduce noise. It would be a very easy and cheap repair, other wise send Graham an email in a couple of days (he is out of the office for a bit).
Miguel
Sceptre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sceptre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 5:44pm
Hi Miguel.

Yes I am saying the Voyager is quieter.  I shall play with earthing options but I do not detect any 50 Hz issues.  In fact, my older Solo 2007 is much quieter in the same setup.  Just wanted to know if there is something I could do to reduce hiss on these IEMs.

I shall wait patiently.

Sceptre
Mac-Apogee Duet- Solo SRG PSU1
240GB iMod - ALO PV-Cap -Voyager, D10, LISA III
Cyrus DVD 7+Q
JH|13 Pro,D7000, Ed 9, RS-1, HD600 (APS v3), ATH ESW10, Pro750, HFI 780, IE8, SA6 HD25-11, e4c.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic