FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Nova volume knob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
B7lly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B7lly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nova volume knob
    Posted: 26 May 2023 at 7:33am
Hi guys, new member here with a simple question that I have been wondering about. I have a Novo with a black plastic volume knob, but I have seen pictures of Novo amps with an aluminium volume knob. My question is, when did that change occur and is that the only difference i.e. cosmetic? Thanks in advance.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 9:36am
Welcome to our community Billy. I think the black plastic knob has been added afterwards but Graham or John will be able to confirm or correct.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 3:57pm
That could have been my fault. I preferred the silver case with contrasting black trim, so wanted black screws and a black control knob, and when the Novo was launched a large number of customers told us different, and wanted it all silver, so eventually we were able to rid it of the black trim and fit silver screws and a silver control knob.

The original black control knob was the same aluminium as the silver one, except dyed black at anodising. If yours is plastic it must have been changed by somebody unbeknown to me.

We kept the black control knobs for the kit version of the Novo and I've still got a box of them left. Embarrassed
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 4:22pm
Welcome Billy.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
B7lly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote B7lly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 4:25pm
No, you are right and I was wrong. It is aluminium, I just assumed it was plastic because I didn't know you could make aluminium look that way. I actually prefer the black look, makes the knob more visible I think. I'm quite glad that I managed to buy one with the black before it was changed. Thanks for the answer, and for making my retirement sound so good. I am currently waiting for my PSU1 to arrive and I'm glad I waited so long before upgrading, as because I am so familiar with the sound the improvements will be really obvious to me. Smile
B7lly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B7lly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 4:28pm
Thanks Jon, it'll be good to discuss my hobby with likeminded people. My friends roll their eyes whenever I try to discuss HiFi with them. Lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic