FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

John C to continue HiFi System Components

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 9:53pm
Well said John. That would be great.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 10:04pm
Many football players/Managers  have their statute placed at Stadium, Brunel, bridge designer civil Engineer  is valued by many at Paddington North West London train station  to recognise their Contribution to the industry they serve in devotion. The Local Authority could be a first '' Calling Post ' to trigger even "HM recognition Award " as I witness many.  Graham  "Designation'' or Identification either to the Hifi Industry Industry or the Yorkshire Location that Graham NOTED on the World map for his very definitive contribution to Design Research and develop and Market a WORLD Acclaim product to HIFI excellence. 
John, I could add a few ideas to You in an email. Phono AMP is Slee, the Yorkshire devoted man.
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Well said John. That would be great.

I agree with "John1479".
Graham should be given some form of public recognition for "carrying a lonely torch" 
 to design and build the greatest-sounding home audio equipment,
 all-the-while keeping it "Made in Britain" with mostly British made parts.

The company by-line:
"Our audio components are designed and handmade in Britain for your listening pleasure."
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 10:46pm
Happy Retirement
Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 8:00am
Originally posted by John1479 John1479 wrote:

...I truly believe that Graham deserves greater...

John, all it has ever been is "good old fashioned" service and design of the forgotten type.

Today, they all talk platitudes but don't mean or do them, and we therefore appear different.

But that's for the few of you who found us! Sergey, Larry and all who came down from them, kept Hitler's vision alive, perhaps unknowingly, but they made it so easy to spread big lies. And when you do that, you deceive the whole world.

All I ever did was advance things a bit further, instead of repackaging and rewrapping, but we're supposed to try and perfect things instead of dumping things in favour of the easy ride.

Where did the scarecrow, tin man, and lion get their accolades? This world is all seed on thin soil (look it up - few understand the meaning).

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

John C to continue HiFi System Components

New designs will happen and the line stage to go with the 70s amp will still get finished.

It would be interesting to hear of John’s plans/thoughts.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 8:52am
I can't answer for John, but even after hinting about it for the past 7 years - hinting more strongly year by year - it did come as a shock to him. Wink

Ha ha, it reminds me of a line from Python's Elephantoplasty sketch "Surprise at first, then later shock, and deep anger and resentment. But his family were marvellous, they helped pull him through..." LOL

(Only joking!)

But it shouldn't be too difficult for him since he's been immersed gradually further and further, so what other technicalities would he have to overcome? Very few.

I mean, does it really need a joker like a certain very very well-known manufacturer of amplifiers that made a "name" in hi-fi? The star of the factory tour complete with white coat, puthering sh*t easily disproven by anybody with the ability to search out the truth using the internet.

John isn't me, and I realise he won't be as prolific on here as my nearly 15000 posts, but being gobby doesn't lead to the quality of manufacture which he (and Leo) turn out.

It's difficult to get it across in a post like this, but if you'd witnessed how things have gone on here this past couple of years, what with Covid and all that prohibitive malarkey, you'd be in awe.

By here, I mean the real centre of it all (manufacturing) at Kirkstall Close and at a private address in Mansfield.

HiFi System Components ARE John and Leo. I call them the self correcting duo. After all the years I've been in electronics manufacturing I have never known workers you can just leave it to - honestly. There are NO short cuts, NO this'll do, NO he isn't watching so we'll skip testing.

I know beyond all doubt that I could have taken to my coffin and the products would remain just as correct, reliable, and keeping their edge year after year, as they should be and have always been.

As for any new products, they have me "the hobbyist", and at last I'm able to start and reach the completion of many of the things discussed here - but without the cares of business. I am retired but not giving up my passion for audio.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic