FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

cartridge match advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Vinyl Reader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cartridge match advice
    Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 5:40pm
Hi I have just bought the Gram Amp2 I have a Systemdek IIX with RB250 arm and a Naim Nait 5i. Monitor Audio GS10. Any cartridge recommendations please.My budget is about £300.Thank you

Edited by Vinyl Reader - 17 Nov 2022 at 5:41pm
Cyreg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 6:55pm
Well,I can tell you that for about 8 years, I play with a Gramamp2 Communicator with PSU1
I do use a Michell TecnoDec and RB250 with Michell TecnoWeight (big improvement)

My cartridge is a Nagaoka MP110 (GBP 150?) and I just have my fourth stylus in use ;-)
So....I am very content with this combination!!

Oh yes and welcome to GSP
TecnoDec/RB250/MP110>GramAmp2C/PSU1; Cyrus CD8SE; Cyrus FM7 > Exposure XXXV > Harbeth C7ES-3 '35th Anniversary'
cabling: IC 3x DNM V3; LScable Exposure DMF-two; Furu TP60 + MWaY and AH! powercords   
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 7:35pm
Charles. Welcome.
Jon
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 8:57pm
Thank you for joining us Charles. I have s Goldring 1042 fitted to the Origin Live Zephyr arm on my SL1210/II but it's more than £300 now The 1012 was pretty good too if that helps.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 6:35am
Thanks i was planning to get the technoweight so perhaps I split the budget and get a MP 110. Any platter mat suggestions currently on the glass as the old felt is static and hairy.thanks
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 11:59am
Leather works well for me, although most say that a platter mat is not needed on a acrylic platter, but I find it give's me a smoother bass.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 12:26pm
I tried leather but I still had a a lot of static. My platter is glass not acrylic. Is there any reason why using a matless glass platter is inadvisable ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic