FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Speaker recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Paul Billington View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Billington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 7:26pm
ahhh my head is turning to more mush! Lots to think about.
I think I need to talk to my dealer and maybe have a listen to some speakers.
I really need to get this right as its end game stuff with finances etc
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 7:36pm
[QUOTE=Paul 

[/QUOTE

That is your best bet.
All I will say is, if you like the sound of the Bronze then the Silver's are going to give you more of the same, one other thing, I have the Silver's and they do need space, from my experience. I have them about four feet from the wall.

Edited by lfc jon - 14 Oct 2022 at 7:37pm
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
discrete badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discrete badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 7:54pm
A good dealer should be asking lots of questions, and then giving you a demo of various models which might be suitable, and then - this is crucial - letting you do a home trial of the lead contender(s).

Sadly good dealers are thinner on the ground than they used to be.

One thing's for sure - speakers will sound very different in this room than they do in the dealer's demo room. If you only bear one thing in mind, make it that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Billington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 6:08pm
thanks for all the advice. Hopefully I will make the right choice 
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 6:37pm
With speakers, you do not need to spend a lot of money to get excellent performance. Once you have invested in a pair of Proprius amps, you don't even need to spend £200 (DIY, of course) to trial what is possible. Mark Audio sell a CHN-50 driver pair for £40 in the UK excluding shipping. It's only a small driver so won't excel with aggressive music at a distance. They are more suited for nearfield listening at low-moderate volume. But they would demonstrate what speakers can do.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Paul Billington Paul Billington wrote:

Interested to know where you are and who your local dealer is.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Billington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 9:21pm
phonostage audio up in Preston 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic