FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Ortofon Cadenza Bronze vs Dynavector XX2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ortofon Cadenza Bronze vs Dynavector XX2
    Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 5:48pm
I don't know why, but I can't get used to the sound of the Dynavector XX-2. I come from a black Quintet and before that from a Super om 40 and consequently I got used to the Ortofon sound. For the same price I was looking at the Cadenza Bronze which I think is fine with my P******t Evolution 9 arm. What do you think?
Amp. Musical Fidelity M6si,Turntables VPI Scout Signature, Cartridges Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Graham Slee Accession MC, Speakers Triangle Esprit Antal Ez, Cables VAN DEN HUL D-502 Hybrid,ATLAS Equator
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 7:54pm
Sorry that I haven't owned those cartridges but they are well regarded so I suggest going with your ears.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 11:46am
Hi Vicenzo,
Shame the XX-2 is not working for you.
I don't have experience of the Cadenza Bronze but I used the Cadenza Blue for many years and
can strongly recommend it.
The Blue has quite a 'vivid' sound and tracks superbly. Beautifully made too.
The Bronze is reputed to sound warmer than the Blue.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 9:15pm
Sorry your cartridge change did not work out to your liking. Maybe give it a little more time.

If it's not working out at that point then maybe decide what to do.

Sometimes sticking with a brand you know well and are familiar with is better than constantly trying something new. I personally went full circle with carts and I'm now back to using something very similar to what I was using 10 years ago.

Good luck whatever you decide.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 6:34am
Yes, what you say is not wrong. I'll wait and try other arm and phono pre-settings. If so many people are satisfied with it, is there a reason?
Amp. Musical Fidelity M6si,Turntables VPI Scout Signature, Cartridges Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Graham Slee Accession MC, Speakers Triangle Esprit Antal Ez, Cables VAN DEN HUL D-502 Hybrid,ATLAS Equator
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Sorry that I haven't owned those cartridges but they are well regarded so I suggest going with your ears.
That's always very good advice.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:28pm
You may already have tried using the AccMC's EQ options to slightly alter the sound of your XX-2, possibly to make it more like the Ortofon sound you like. Would that help you?
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic