FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Burn-in revisited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
Author
Annie Lennox and me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Lennox and me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm

Thank you for your detailed and informative answer, Graham. 

I do appreciate the time, effort (and patience) it takes out of your day in replying to such questions from an electronics numpty like me!

Edited by Annie Lennox and me - 30 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
Paul

Elevator EXP, CuSat50, Spatia Links
pcourtney View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcourtney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

In my case the best possible sound took about forty years until I bought an Accession Wink. Then ~ three or four weeks until the PSU1 & the electronics had 'burnt-in' (permanently 'on').

that made me smile, lets see, bought in 1981 Pink Triangle PT1 after listening to about half a dozen so called top turntables of that era

2016 bought an Accession - 35 years for me  :-) 

Edited by pcourtney - 22 Nov 2017 at 12:04am
GS Accession MM Pre, Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 Amp and AKG K-1000 headphones
Ctearpak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ctearpak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:32am
So, because the Accession is more complex, does that mean the burn in is going to take a lot longer? I've been reading around and I see people say 4 days all the way up to 4000 hours (!?)
What would be the earliest point that I should start listening with an Accession, or are the hours stated for music moving through it? 
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Ctearpak Ctearpak wrote:

What would be the earliest point that I should start listening with an Accession, or are the hours stated for music moving through it? 

Listen and enjoy from the off.

RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Chris Firth Chris Firth wrote:

Get stuck in straight away. Wink  It'll run in without music playing.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Chris Firth Chris Firth wrote:

As Chris says (and many others),
You can start listening to music right away.

Some like to hear it "run in".

Scientifically, the burn in process is helped along by some music played through a new amplifier
 at least once a day. The intermittence of the cycling helps the electronic components "settle" to
compliment each other in the signal circuits.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Ctearpak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ctearpak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 6:54am
Thanks for your input, guys. Also, Hey Bruce... thinking about ordering the Accession and hopefully getting it while I still have the Era Gold V loaner so I can compare / contrast.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
  Share Topic