FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

newbie needs advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
notwelshyet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notwelshyet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie needs advice
    Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 6:44pm
Good evening all

Hope you are keeping well - having completed my integrated amp (leema tucana anniversary) and speaker (focal kanta 1) shopping, to go with my technics 1210gr i now need a phono amp and interconnects - my initial thoughts are the reflex m (i have MM cartridge), with Lautus interconnects - any thoughts? Also, the lautus interconnects are 1.5m long at minimum - can i get them shorter, my kit isn't that far apart - or do they need to be that long?

many thanks for any help/advice - i am completely new to this, and i will be honest i started off with a budget for all components that ended up to be less than i spent on the speakers - my wife calls it specification drift!

charlie
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 8:02pm
The Reflex M is great. If you want to try before buying, you can look into the loaner program. I would email using the contact form to inquire about shorter cables. Maybe take a measurement and figure out what length you need.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 8:03pm
Hi Charlie and welcome.
The Reflex M is a very good starting point, I have one myself but I have the PSU1 power supply as for the cable (Lautus) it has to be that minimum length to work at it's best "I think I'm correct in saying that" I'm sure if I'm not someone will put me right.
You don't say what cartridge your using? This may help others here in giving you advice. 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notwelshyet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 7:49am
good morning and thanks both

i currently have an AT VM750SH cartridge on a totally unmodified technics 1210gr.

I shall see if i can get a loan reflex

many regards
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 10:24am
The loan program is great way of hearing the product in your own system and surroundings, I used it to try out new cables as I wonted more bass for my headphone listening, It was not a big improvement but enough to make me happy and the end result was I made the purchase. All the loan costs you is P&P
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 3:02pm
If it's 1m you need the Cusat50 phono cable is great.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notwelshyet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 6:23am
Thanks all - had a couple of very helpful chats with John and an Accession is winging it's way to me now, as well as a CuSat50 interconnect and some spatia cables.. looking forward to the indulgence of just sitting and listening to my collection for the next few days!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic