FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Solo Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PWS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solo Mods
    Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 9:07pm
Hi All,

Apart form the PSU1 and the board mod / swap are there any mods I can do to my solo?
I know which end is the hot end of a solering iron so just wodering if theres any mods I can do

Cheers

Paul

Edited by PWS - 10 Dec 2021 at 9:11pm
discrete badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote discrete badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 11:01pm
Rumour has it that an excellent mod is adding a Majestic. Smile No burnt fingers involved.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 11:20pm
Buying a better headphone for it?
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 12:38am
I second Ash
What headphones are you using?
One big improvement, buy more music.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
PWS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 7:33am
Hi All

Using Senn 580's. Love them and recently rrconditioned them so want to keep them :)
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 7:58am
Also, use of a parametric equalizer/EQ/tone control with the better headphone. You can adjust the sound signature to your taste without modifying the Solo. Many EQ tools are free as well.

The end-chain transducer choice and careful use of EQ will be revelatory, seeing as the Solo is already competent and stable without modification.
PWS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 8:02am
Hi Ash

Thanks for the reply.
The general theme is the solo is great as it is so I'll leave it.
I have miniDSP which I used to beef up the bass of thr 580'd when using a Matrix M-stage HPA so will have a play with that again and leave the solo stock :)

Edited by PWS - 11 Dec 2021 at 8:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic