FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New music on order

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New music on order
    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 2:45pm
As I sold my old M phone I thought I'd buy some new music with the money, So yesterday I put an order if for Blondie - Vivir En La Habana, on vinyl and Blondie - At the BBC, on CD. Both are live recordings. I am building up my live recordings of Blondie as I have now got all their a studio albums on CD and Vinyl. This is my small project for the moment next up is Pink floyd.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 3:00pm
A nice surprise with the Blondie, At The BBC CD it came with a DVD, A pity it was not Blu-Ray. At the price I can't complain too much it's like getting the DVD for nothing. It's a pity the record Vivir En La Habana didn't come with a download and why do record companies still persist in putting vinyl in crap record scratching paper sleeves?
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 6:21pm
Vivir En La Habana album, What a difference in style all the hits are in. I think for a Blondie fan a must have and a vary good recording IMO
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 4:27pm
Not sure this is the place but anyway.
Last night my mate told me is brother is coming down for Christmas with he vinyl collection for us to pick what we wont for a pound each. He is moving onto a canal boat with his wife and he has recorded most of what he wonts to hard drive and the records have to go for space reasons. With over 1000 records there is bound to be something I wont. My mate said his brother said make sure you tell your mate Jon.
IT'S GOOD to have good mates. This will be the 2nd time this has happened I think I'm must be lucky. 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 6:41pm
Did a favour for my mate as his A--on account has been shut down temporarily and ordered some music for him. I then put an order for some outer sleeves off Juno Records, For once my internet price checker gave the best price (Juno Record) so I thought I'd look to see if they had what my mate wanted well they did and they were nearly £6 cheaper so I thought I'd cancel his order, Well no I can't. The price checker I'm using is "Honey" on Microsoft Edge anybody know of a better price checker?
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 6:39pm
It's funny how you can go mouths without any new music releases then they come thick and fast. Four bands I like and one new artist I found while looking on youtube after a recommendation from this forum are coming out with new stuff in the next couple of mouths, Two of which I'm really looking forward to "Warpaint" and Gabriella Cohen, her album is out now but only as a digital download so I'm hoping it's coming out on either Vinyl or CD but I can't find any release dates. This time I'm not going to order them I'll wait till there out and then go SHOPPING.

schumanesq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schumanesq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 1:55pm
I just received (but have not yet opened) a couple of classic Sinatra LPs - actually purchased from someone in Poland via Discogs.  "Sinatra and Jobim" from 1967, one of my favorites - yes, a big Sinatra fan.  I love this album, previously listened to only on CD.  The other is a mid-50's classic, "In the Wee Small Hours" - again, a great album (even on CD) that I think captures Sinatra at his best.  He hadn't yet gotten into the swinging early 60's Sinatra style, and his voice seems to me to be at a midpoint of sorts - still sounding quite a bit like the 40's Sinatra but with more mature phrasing and a deeper baritone. Waiting for my loaner of the Accession to crack them open and compare with my recollection of the digital sources.
Steve Schuman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic