FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Grado 'x' series headphones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grado 'x' series headphones
    Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 12:15pm
Has anyone tried the new 'x' Grado headphones? For example = SR60x.

Does the Slee amps work well with Grado's? I understand Grado's have a certain flavour about their sound etc.

I currently own the Solo SRG II with green psu. Not in a huge rush to upgrade to PSU1 yet. Better to take things slowly! 

S.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 12:37pm
A lot on this forum seem to rate them and say they work good with Graham Slee headphone amps. I have never owned Grado headphones so I can't any more, sorry
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 4:57pm
Hi Shane, I have used two different Grados with Graham Slee amps and they sounded very good to me. I have also heard other Grado models that worked well. There are other good headphones out there that also sound very good with Graham's amps.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
Hi Shane, I had a more negative experience with Grados. I bought and fairly quickly sold a pair of SR80x earlier this year. My main dislike was that I found the foam earpads very uncomfortable when wearing glasses. The sound was OK but I don't think they were run in before I sold them and replaced with Beyer Dynamics. A bit more expensive but very comfortable for listening with my Novo + PSU1.
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 7:07pm
That is a good point. I must add that I fitted the larger foam pads on my GH1's.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 8:21pm
I also find wearing glasses uncomfortable with my Sennheiser HD600 but I have used others and felt the same so I take them off but it is a bit of a pain when playing vinyl, having to put them back on to change sides or finding a new record to play (this is the same with CDs)

Edited by lfc jon - 26 Sep 2021 at 8:22pm
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 8:26pm
Shane. What is your budget for new headphones?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic