FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Neuwb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClevedonGinger View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClevedonGinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neuwb
    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:24pm
Hi All,

I want to shout out to John for organising a Reflex C and psu1 and Accession M + enigma via the excellent U.K. loan scheme! Many thanks indeed.

I’ve had the Reflex on for a couple of days, and it’s impressive - a fuller sound all round is my way of summing up in a short sentence. There really is a marked improvement from the built in phono of the Mac. Yet to try the Accession, looking forward to hearing the difference. 

I suppose I should tell what equipment I’m using;

Technics SL1100 (1971)with a Denon 103r

McIntosh C52 preamp
McIntosh MC152 power amp
McIntosh MCD600
Klipsch Forte 3 speakers

Early Retirement presents before you ask Wink

With the Accession M I’ll be using a Nagaoka MP200

This is the first time of dipping my toe with a separate phono stage and it’s surprisingly good so far, I’ve had a serious case of the hifi upgrade bug since a young lad, I think that I’ve found my last system which hopefully will see me outLOL

Obviously after the demo of both I’ll make a purchase of either, decisions, decisions.

Edited by ClevedonGinger - 09 Sep 2021 at 9:17pm
Keep an Open Mind
GS Accession MC Silver
McIntosh C52 preamp McIntosh MC152 power
Technics SL1100 TT
Klipsch Forte 3 speakers
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 7:36pm
Hi and welcome
That is one serious system you got there. I would like to say I'm surprised a separate phono stage as impressed you (with your system) but I'm not. 

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClevedonGinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:11pm
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the welcome! You're right to be surprised, so was I, never thought that it would be such an improvement. Very happy with the Reflex C so far actually using it with the Enigma ps, Accession is going to have to be a lot better to justify it's premium Ermm

Happy to take suggestions on settings etc.

Many thanks in advance for any replies Smile

Keep an Open Mind
GS Accession MC Silver
Technics SL1100 TT
Klipsch Forte 3 speakers
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:47pm
Welcome aboard. If you like the Reflex C which is very good I hope you enjoy the AccMC as much as I do mine. The PSU1 Enigma is impressive with mine and was on the Elevator EXP I trialled it with.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClevedonGinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:14pm
Hi Jon,

Cheers for the welcome, not sure I’m doing this the right way around, but as I have MM and MC cartridges ( Denon 103r 301 mk2 MC) ( Nagaoka MP 200 AT 440mlb MM) trying to cover all bases?
The Accession I have on loan is the M version, which is warming up ready to swap in. As I’m enjoying the Reflex so much I don’t feel the need to switch as yet Smile

Edited by ClevedonGinger - 09 Sep 2021 at 9:24pm
Keep an Open Mind
GS Accession MC Silver
Technics SL1100 TT
Klipsch Forte 3 speakers
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:48pm
Ah. I also have an Accession MM which is very good. I hope you enjoy it.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic