FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Technics linear trackers like SL-7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 8:08pm
I'm still enjoying not having to scurry over to lift the tonearm after the last song on the side!

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 8:43pm
Ifor there is a post for 'technics sl-7 with runaway speed.' You can read it online, it seems to be a temporary fault that can be fixed with some internal servicing as you suspected.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 8:53pm
I am currently enjoying the AAM Brandenburg Concertos on 1980's vinyl. Very listenable on the SL-7 with AT95, not the very last word in detail but pretty good I can distinguish the various period instruments and hear the hall acoustic.

Jon

ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Ifor there is a post for 'technics sl-7 with runaway speed.' You can read it online, it seems to be a temporary fault that can be fixed with some internal servicing as you suspected.

Thanks Jon. I think this is the guy I would contact about service now, if needed. http://www.mpavservice.co.uk/ If I remember correctly he used to work for Technics.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 10:59pm
Thanks Ifor, it's good to know someone you can involve if needed. Lets hope it was a one-off.

Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 11:05pm
One of the pleasures of having the SL-7 is being able to play some singles without any tracing distortion. I will be trying some tomorrow which will probably highlight the fact my RCM doesn't clean 7 inch records, motivating me to solve that puzzle next.

Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 6:14pm
The SL-7 has done a fine job today playing some of my seven inch singles. I ran an M6 bolt through a wood offcut and added layers of heatshrink to the bolt so a 7 inch single can be manually rotated through my RCM's ultrasonic bath and subsequent blow dry. It worked well as demonstrated by the 'before and after' playing of Golden Brown by the Stranglers.

I have also had a good look at the noise floor between tracks of a couple of clean LP's. Even with Vinylstudio's rumble filter switched off I couldn't see any issues with 50 Hz or multiples of it so I think I'll stick with the internal mains transformer for now. I have the external supply I made for my SL1210 and parts for a female to male adapter that reverses the dc polarity so the dc feed option is still open on my SL-7.

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic