FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Technics linear trackers like SL-7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 5:23pm
"Hi Ifor, thanks for the reminder -  I need to get this back on the bench again with a new set of eyes (metaphorically speaking) 

I've already tried pretty much all the usual tricks , I'm well used to spotting duff caps, and there's none on this that have shown up real fatigue worthy of mention (so far at least). I've seen quite a few DD turntables so far in the past decades, they're pretty much all the same design obviously, just with different implementations.

But thanks for the ideas (as mentioned all pretty much checked already as a matter of course)

I'll get it back on the bench and report back with good news hopefully

Regards Mike" 

Edited by ICL1P - 28 Jul 2022 at 5:24pm
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 5:58pm
Thank you. It is in good hands as you said Ifor. I'm curious to know what Mike finds, if only to be prepared should it ever happen to my SL-7.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 6:50pm
I hope he finds something! I’ll let you know.
Ifor
=====
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 8:04pm
Fingers crossed for your SL-7's recovery.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 10:34am

“Good morning Ifor , you'll be pleased to know the turntable is repaired tested and ready to go !!

It always amazes me how a little perseverance and repeated fresh looks on/at tough repairs produces results (eventually)

Nearly three hours on it this morning and we got there!

Barely perceptible hairline crack in the main board in a couple of areas, god knows how it's happened , but the unit is decades old so who knows what torments it's been through in it's lifetime. Anyway, it's performing 100% well now

There will be a 12 month RTB warranty for your peace of mind”.

Ifor
=====
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 4:41pm
Wonderful news Ifor and thank you for sharing the fault finding. After your drive to Mike's you'll have probably  some listening ahead of you this weekend. Thumbs Up
Jon

ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 8:40am
I’ll be collecting my SL-7 from Bolton today and dropping off a couple of misbehaving integrated amplifiers for repair; one from the 1980s and one from the first decade of this century.

Edited by ICL1P - 10 Aug 2022 at 8:40am
Ifor
=====
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
  Share Topic