FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Technics linear trackers like SL-7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:01pm
That is great news. I offered you my help as these decks are great... sorry again Bob!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:20pm
Jon 
I was just having a laugh and no offence was intended.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:12pm
None taken, Jon. I was acknowleging your good humour whilst thanking Bob publicly for his help. He has literally written the book or rather the website on these 4TP linear trackers, one of the many knowledgable people on this forum.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 9:20am
No need to apologise, Jon! I don't claim to be an expert on these Technics decks though. I think your maintenance of your SL-7 gives you a lot more credibility in that respect!

And my p-mount website is now defunct. I decided the hosting costs weren't worth the small number of visitors it got. Talk about a niche subject! LOL For those who never saw it I had rips of about 15 different p-mount cartridges - almost all NOS or borrowed - with the same tracks. Models from Sonus, Pickering, Grado, Shure, Stanton, ADC, Ortofon, Digitrac, Empire, various Technics, audio-technica and variants - even a Sony HOMC. I still have the FLAC files if anyone's interested . . .
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 7:59pm
Thanks Bob, I just follow the service manuals to be fair. It's your knowledge and ability to pass it on that I respect, that is what makes a real expert on any subject for me.

I wish I had seen T4P.net in its pomp, if it helps I gave up fatmangolf.com for the same reason of cost. Later I met a forum member to who said I though you'd be fatter (yes, it made me think of Roadhouse too!)... sorry I've goe off on one there. Anyway my SL-7Heart  is still working very well indeed and I must give the SL-DL1 its moment in the limelight one of these days.

Jon

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:38am
My website was actually p-mount.net, not T4P.net. 

At the risk of going uber-nerd, for those who don't know - the terms T4P and p-mount are not interchangeable. 

p-mount refers to the plug-in mounting connection only. T4P was the Technics specification for the physical properties of their p-mount-using cartridges - weight, dimensions. Not all p-mount using cartridges from other manufacturers adhered rigidly to the T4P spec, especially in weight. TBH I never weighed the myriad of p-mounts I had through my hands, though I did experiment a bit with the limited VTF options the Technics stub arms offered. 
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:47pm
"My website was actually p-mount.net, not T4P.net. " My apologies Bob.

I think you also told me or I read that the T4P spec also ensured the stylus was in the right place, i.e. going in from the record edge to centre perpendicular to the groove with nearly zero tracking error. I have read some p-mounts have the stylus too far from the rear of the cartridge so in a 4TP linear tracker the stylus is beyond the line it should be on, then it is not square to the groove giving some tracking distortion all the way through.

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>
  Share Topic