FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Worth upgrading?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worth upgrading?
    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 2:07pm
My 76year old Dad has a had a Gram Amp 1 for 15-20 odd years. 

He’s recently changed up from a Rega P3/ Elys to a Technics 1210mk 2 with an AT VM540ML RigB. 

He’s thinking of buying a second hand 2SE because I had one once (wish I’d kept it).

He’s also looking at a second hand Communicator 2.

The rest of his kit is a NAD C350 & pair of TDL Studio 1’s. 

My quest is: is he likely to hear much difference or should he aim higher (or not bother)?
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 3:44pm
If his hearing is good I'd say yes, I'm not saying anything about your Dad but as you get older your hearing is not what it use to be it's a natural fact of growing old (I'm 55 in 4 days time and I know I don't hear what I did when I was in my teens). I used to have a 2SE and I was vary happy with it(got the up grade bug) and replaced it with Reflex M. I think that either would be a good up grade
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 4:34pm
thanks 👍🏼

Keeping my eyes open for a second hand GS stage 
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic