FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

record shops opening up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
magical_mouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magical_mouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: record shops opening up
    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:08am
hi i am posting to say how i am pleased with the number of record shops opening especially in these difficult times.

For example in my area (SW) i know of two local record shops which sell s/h and some new lps, one in sherborne (newly opened) and one in Bridport which is opening a new s/h cd shop as well.

Long may this continue even of the prices for s/h vinyl has incrased considerably since i could buy good stuff at car boots etc for virtually nothing - i bought the eric clapton box set (7 lps) for a couple of pounds and it was in mint condition.

Nowadays there is little if any decent vinyl at car boots and charity shops also have few, it is down to ebay (with postal costs) or shops.

d
magical_mouse
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 1:03pm
Hi David
the one I go to in Totnes Devon as been open for a few mouths mostly for click and collect but you could ask them for an album and buy it at the door. But last mouth they opened their doors, they do limit how many can go in but it's was better than nothing. The rules have changed since I was last there and tomorrow I'll be going there again so I'll see if anything as changed, I'm going there to get the new Billie Eilish album but as with most times I have been there I always come out with more than I went in for. They sell new Vinyl records and CDs mostly but before this pandemic they started selling food and soft drinks/hot drinks. They also organised the Seagrass festival in Totnes. Always a good welcome when you go in.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:20pm
Is that the one near the castle at the top of the hill, Jon?

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 7:39pm
Jon
It's at the top of town next to the pub across the road, I think it's called the BULL. The shop is called Drift Records. Went there last Saturday, still have to wear a face mask and only three people in at a time BUT that's not a problem. Been going there for a good few years now
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 8:03pm
Yes Drift Records. Nice shop. My brother used to work in Exeter so he knew the area well and we stayed in Paignton in 2013 I think. Devon is lovely and we visited Totnes twice. And I've just remembered South Ham and the chilli farm.. Happy memories! Thank you Jon.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 10:26pm
It's about the only place I shop for new albums, they seem to stock what I like. The 1st record I got there was D D dumbo his 1st and only album. other than that for new stuff I shop online, the only other shop for new stuff near me is H-V, but for me it's too much trouble to go into town (I hate going into town shopping) the only time I can go is on a Saturday and you know what Saturdays are like!!!
I don't mind shopping for second hand records in town but the shops are on the out skirts so I don't have to go right into town (if you know what I mean) I don't buy a lot of records or CDs I just buy what know I'll like. I don't collect for the sake of it, I don't have the money waste.
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

but as with most times I have been there I always come out with more than I went in for

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has that particular problem, Jon... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic