FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Synthesizer music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 6:25pm
I don't know how old these programs are ? but it's the first time I'd seen them.
Today I ordered a Glass Candy album Beat Box and LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver, I did wont them on Vinyl but after looking on Discogs I could only get them from the USA & Canada and I was looking at over £100 each with shipping so I ended up buying them second hand on CD for under £25 with shipping, it seems that both bands are not that popular in the UK because after looking on HMV & Am--on & others they came up with (Glass Candy) only one album of theirs which I already have LCD were a bit more popupar but most albums would have been on CD. I did try on Discogs to order Class Candy on vinyl from Japan at just over £40 but something went wrong and when I went back the listing had been taken down. 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 7:18pm
I think SB is over ten years old but it covers bands and music around 1980. Some obscure LP's that were remastered for an aging audience like me!

New music outside the charts is hard to get on vinyl and cd in the streaming age. I signed up for Tidal last year for the huge archives and some of the new music. It has also allowed me to find and play quite a lot of punk and post punk stuff.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 10 Jul 2022 at 7:27pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 8:00pm
It's funny you say about streaming I was watching today on youtube about this HiFi shop owner, he was doing a reveiw on turntable weights and he said he doesn't sell them (streamers) in his shop as most of his customer's don't ask for them, He didn't offer up an explanation as he said this for another video, he did go on a bit of a tangent because he was saying that three years ago he didn't sell one CD player for about a year but as been seeing CD player sales on the up over the last year or so and had been seeing new customers coming in asking for turntables and CD players, he put this down to people wanting a physical thing in their hands when playing music. He also went on about synthesiser music as he had noticed a lot of young people coming in to review a piece of HiFi with that type of music.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 8:53pm
Looking online I see quite a lot of hifi shops still sell streamers but I agree with you about handling the physical media and packaging.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 10:24pm
I do think his shop is in the minority and I think he's missing out on sales but it's his shop and he must know what he's doing by not selling them. I may look to see where his shop is located to see if this offers up any explanation.

Edited by lfc jon - 10 Jul 2022 at 10:28pm
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 8:36pm
LCD Soundsystem "Sound of Silver"
I do like this band, I have a few of their albums. I this should have gone under  Music that's impressed you today as I have just got it and listen to it today.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 8:07pm
Played this synth LP the other day. Berlin school electronics circa '84.

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic