FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello from China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:18am
Recording vinyl today isn’t difficult, you should try it.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:25am
Ifor
I have thought about it but just haven't got round to it.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
vz691f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vz691f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Just been told by Graham you have been able to get GS in China for 11 years, just shows how much I know. Great choice of phono amp. I see you have only got into Vinyl in the last 2 years, How did you get into it? Me I was buying records from the 1970s but stopped when CDs came out but even then I would buy more compact cassettes, this had more to do with being able to play them out and about and in the car. I would buy records play them and then record them to cassette, Back in the day we could get 12 inch singles on vinyl and I would make what we called a mix tape it was great fun I wish I still had them!!
Recording back then was a lot easier than it is with digital today but a lot more time consuming, I have just started ripping my CDs and it only takes mins but I am enjoying it but not as much as I did when recording vinyl.
Ha, 1970s - I was just born. That's why I missed the golden time of vinyl and just started after they seem to revive.  I mainly buy used at discogs or at taobao.com, super large collection.  I reference to a Penguin published 1975.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:39am
Hi Lang
I buy mostly from discogs when buying on line, but I do like to go to record shop I find it a lot more enjoyable.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
vz691f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vz691f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Hi Lang
I buy mostly from discogs when buying on line, but I do like to go to record shop I find it a lot more enjoyable.
Don’t have any good ones in Shanghai. Before the pandemic, I traveled very frequently to US and I enjoyed second hand record shop very much. But gone are the days. 
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 2:42pm
Welcome to the forum Lang.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:33pm
there are some good ones in Plymouth but I find that they don't stock the music I like so most times I ask them if they can find it for me, A lot will do that but it's not has good as finding it for your self and taking home to play. I do buy a lot of new vinyl but if I do I mostly go to a place called Totnes which is about 1/2 hr from where I live. I bet you miss going to record shops
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic