FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Thoughts on upgrade paths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts on upgrade paths
    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 8:29pm
I don't think you can buy the Accession MM with the green power supply well it doesn't say so on the GS website. Don't forget you can save money by using the PSU1 you have with a GS headphone amp. I have the Solo and it's well worth using the PSU1 with it.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Razamanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razamanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 8:03pm
Another thought: Would it be possible to buy the Accession MM with the "green" power supply and save a few £££? I'm only asking because I already have a PSU1 for my GA2SE. I have yet to decide what to do with the GA2SE, but I think a basic power supply would be OK for it.
Or is that a cheeky thing to ask? Big smile
Simon

"And some people say it's just rock n' roll
Oh, but it gets you right down to your soul"

(Push The Sky Away, Nick Cave)
Razamanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razamanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 7:56pm
Just realised it's been six months since my last post and still no decision. Or, actually I have decided to go for the Accession. My problem is now is that I also need a headphone amp. Wink
Think I'll have to get one of them now and the other at a later time.
Simon

Razamanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Razamanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 1:54am
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Hi Simon,
FWIW I use an Accession MM with a Music Master cartridge from the late Len Gregory & it works
superbly on all types of music - give it a good acoustic or classical recording & it really shows
what it can do.
The Reflex is well worth a try too & is a bit of a bargain.
Good luck with the trial.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late response. The summer has been spent focusing more on family stuff than hifi matters.
Come autumn I will have more time for music and will come to a decision on this.
Simon

RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:17am
Hi Simon,
FWIW I use an Accession MM with a Music Master cartridge from the late Len Gregory & it works
superbly on all types of music - give it a good acoustic or classical recording & it really shows
what it can do.
The Reflex is well worth a try too & is a bit of a bargain.
Good luck with the trial.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Razamanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razamanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 7:14pm
Thank you both. Always interesting to hear how others have done it. I think what it tells me is what part of me knew already: I'll have to try to get a loan of both to see how they work in my system.
Considering how good the Gram Amp 2 SE is, it's exciting to think what could be achieved at the higher price ranges of The Reflex and the Accession.
Simon

ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Razamanaz Razamanaz wrote:

Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

I use an Accession with my PTP6 L75 and have also used a Reflex M. So IMO neither are overkill.
Thanks for your reply. What type of arm and cartridge do you use? I know this is a difficult question, but is it possible to describe the difference between the Reflex and the Accession? Is it a question of refinement and detail, or are they also somehow different in character? 
The PTP6 L75 has been used with a Rega RB301 and Audio Note IQ2 cartridge. The arm will be replaced in July by an Audiomods Series 6. I’ve never tried to compare the Reflex and the Accession. I got the Accession, unplugged the Reflex and gave it to my son to replace his Genera (I now have two Genera I built doing nothing). The biggest wow I’ve ever got from buying a new bit of kit was when I bought the Reflex M and stopped using the phonostage built into my then (now my son’s) Roksan Kandy LIII, but you’re starting at a higher level than I did.

Edited by ICL1P - 21 May 2021 at 5:41pm
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic