FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Spatia "marking"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
frimmers3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frimmers3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spatia "marking"
    Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:52am
"Dielectric quality could also be affected by lay direction and the Spatia subtly suggests to the user the direction of best subjective results under its braided covering. The unobtrusive blue marker goes to the amp end."

I think the blue marker must be very unobtrusive as for the life of me I can find no trace of said:)
Rega P8, Exact m.m, Accession m. phono stage, Graham Slee /Chord interconnects, Dali Oberon floor standers.
John C View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

gspaudio moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:38am
The blue marker will be there, about 20cm from the 'amp' end.
There should also be 'V' markers at each end of the cables too
frimmers3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frimmers3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:22am
Will have a closer look this evening...thanks:)
Rega P8, Exact m.m, Accession m. phono stage, Graham Slee /Chord interconnects, Dali Oberon floor standers.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 10:36pm
I just got a new pair of Spatia cables for my AV speakers and will be swapping out old cables tomorrow. I remember the blue marking at the amp being visible but subtle.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 5:09pm
My new Spatia cables have a neat sleeve at the amp end with arrow pointing towards the speakers. Smart marking and very well made cables. Thank you John C, these are well worth waiting for.

It may seem a luxury but it is a treat after a year without holidays, cinemas, and many other things I took for granted and gladly spent money on. With the new cables I am hearing more detail in the soundtrack than with than the T* blue cables I had before. I expect the sound to improve further over the first few days of use.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
frimmers3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frimmers3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 5:35pm
Aha...I think I have the "band"...at work now, so cannot check: is the band at one end only of the cable,and if that is the case,should the arrowhead be directed towards the loudspeakers?
John C View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

gspaudio moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:55pm
Yes, I mark the cable with the 'current' blue marker so I know which is the source end once the braid sleeve is in place. The arrow 'V' markers show the direction of the signal path, therefore blue marker on the Spatia cable should be at the amp end.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic