FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Ripping then moving to HDD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 5:52pm
I think you could just get dBPoweramp to do this for you. 1) decide where your music is saved the 'path' below and 2) how you want the artist and albums to be split in 'naming'

dBPoweramp settings
Path could just be left as Music which will be the windows default folder for music or like mine a fixed drive letter with a folder name I created.

The naming here would give you a folder for Blondie and folder sinside for each album you rip by Blondie. Hope this helps.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 06 May 2021 at 5:58pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by MS61 MS61 wrote:

I´m always ask (expletive words) - why cannot EAC create new folder incl. correct name from metadata?
Anyway we can set the output folder in menu:

I cordially dislike Win explorer and alway try to avoid this halfbaked strange thing. I´m accustomed to "classical" dual-pane file manager. (Imagine good ol´Norton Commnader. ) I recommand strongly to use Total Commander (maybe alternative - now free Altap Salamander). Give it a try!

Michal

And we can get is to create artist and album folders, and put the ripped files in the correct folder

To see the images in their original size right click and select view image in new tab

Edited by Chris Firth - 06 May 2021 at 8:04pm
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:09pm
Hi All
with all my Blondie albums going into one folder on the HDD, this is how I'm getting them as one file.
1st I rip the CD which then goes into Music folder 2nd I then move that file over to the HDD, that album goes into the Blondie folder. 3rd I then move that file back to the Music folder on my computer 4th I move that file back to the HDD it is then a separate File, then I right click on file and rename it ALL DONE.
I don't know if this is what you are telling me to do but it works for me (may be the long way about it but) HAPPY
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 8:24pm
Hi all
with bands of the same name going into the same folder, I have found out that a quicker way of doing the same thing as my last post is to go to folder then tap  on it 2 time and bring up the file of the album then right click go to rename and then rename that file. this does the same thing. With a 2 CD album make up a folder of the album then put both files in it this way you got files of that album in one folder.
Just thought you'd like to know.
A mate of mine was asking what I was doing, called me a name I'm not going to say here (it started with W) and told me how it was done.     
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:44pm
You can get dBPoweramp to this for you if you wish. Just edit the save path to take out /album name. And if you use track number offset* you can give both discs the same album name.

*see what the last track number on disc one is, set the track number offset to that. Then disc two starts with the next track number, which is better than having two track number ones and twos and...!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 2:44pm
Just finished Ripping my last CD 2 days ago, I do have 2 CDs that I'm having problems with but I have not got round to sorting them out yet (I do know what the problem is and know how to sort it out) I am going to connect my computer to the CD player so as to use the DAC, As I am using the players DAC will I hear any difference in sound? (I will get round to using a GS cable for this) What I'm asking is will the FLAC file sound different to listening to a CD?
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 3:37pm
It's never done so to my retirement ears, Jon. I play flac files from a HDD connected by USB to my streamer > pre-amp/DAC. I did once try to compare the sound 'side by side' as it were, switching outputs from one to the other as both played. The difference as I recall, was just a difference in output volume. It's a while ago now, but I think the CD was marginally louder.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic