FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Ripping then moving to HDD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ripping then moving to HDD
    Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:35pm
I have a lot of Blondie CDs and when I rip them I then move them to my HDD so far I have ripped just two CDs but when I move them they go into A blondie file but as two separate albums (files), this so far is not a problem, but I would like to have them as a separate file or album.
I am ripping in FLAC if this helps.
I am new to ripping so I do not have any experience, I am using dBpoweramp software. I would like to move some of the Files to a personal music player but I don't wont to fill this up with one artist as I would like to have a mix of artists and albums.
I have tried to look this up on dBpoweramp help page but there was nothing there to help me. 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:42pm
Can't you bypass that by going into file manager and putting them into folders of your own choice?

My Music folders

Edited by Graham Slee - 05 May 2021 at 8:47pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:58pm
Jon

This is my preferred setup.
Go to the bottom left corner and zoom in.

Edited by Chris Firth - 05 May 2021 at 8:59pm
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 9:00pm
As per Graham, it's what I do too, Jon - just a create a folder and give it the name you choose, say Blondie - then inside it, place additional folders representing the individual albums, and within those album folders the relevant flac files.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:22pm
thanks all for getting back to me so quick I will try both this weekend, It seems I have a lot to learn with this computer audio if I'm to take any further, but at the moment I'm just happy to back up my CDs.
It is still making me think? It maybe a hobby to take up (as I don't have one) and I can listen to music as I do it, HAPPY DAYS
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:02am
I have a similar problem with EAC (exact audio copy), because I don't understand where it's going to shove the folder.

Instead, I give the folder a silly memorable but unique (on this computer) name (usually some expletive...), and after I've finished ripping, I use file explorer's search to find it.

I can then drag it (or cut and paste it) into "my music" folder, then I can rename it.

I found a tutorial below about using file explorer, and apologise in advance if you already knew that.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
MS61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MS61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 1:08pm
I´m always ask (expletive words) - why cannot EAC create new folder incl. correct name from metadata?
Anyway we can set the output folder in menu:

I cordially dislike Win explorer and alway try to avoid this halfbaked strange thing. I´m accustomed to "classical" dual-pane file manager. (Imagine good ol´Norton Commnader. ) I recommand strongly to use Total Commander (maybe alternative - now free Altap Salamander). Give it a try!

Michal
Technics SP15 / Audiomods 6 / SH-15B3 plinth / Audio Technica AT 150 Sa / Accession M / Genelec 8030 + RME ADI-2 Pro ADDA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic