FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

One off PCB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One off PCB
    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 5:28pm
What would be the easiest way for me to make one, small (100 x 80 mm) PCB ?
My CAD program is a bit too engineering orientated but I guess there must some free simple PCB drafting software out there, any recommendations?
(I made one using Veroboard but it took up too much space!)

Thanks

Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 5:49pm
I did the Accession board using this.

https://www.electronic-software-shop.com/lng/en/electronic-software/sprint-layout-60.html

It isn't free, but it isn't expensive at all. It lets you work without all the faff of doing a schematic.

You could try ABL to make you the board from the Gerber and Excellon files.

https://www.ablcircuits.co.uk/

Edited by Graham Slee - 29 Apr 2021 at 5:58pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:48pm
Thanks Graham.
I was wondering about 'Fritzing' but I will explore your suggestions first.Smile
Peter
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 8:33pm
Kicad is the one I use. It's freeware and supported by, amongst others, CERN.

I used to use Eagle but moved away from it once my son introduced me to Kicad. Have a look at it - https://kicad.org/

I've done several boards using Kicad now, both traditional through-hole ones and surface mount ones. I now prefer to build SMD. All it needs is a good soldering iron, good solder (0.5mm dia), lots of flux and decent magnifier glasses. 
Inspire Apollo tt, O/L modded RB250, Ortofon 2M Black, Slee Different Approach inspired Phono, Putzeys Pre, Cusat, Raspberry Pi/Volumio, Bitzie, Self Load Invariant Power, Acoustic Energy AE509s
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:31pm
I saw Kicad listed on a top ten list, tempting. At the moment I only need one fairly simple board for a low current ±15V PSU and don't have any other projects in the pipeline. 
Peter
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 10:41am
PM me - I have spare boards left over from building my +-15V (+/-17V actually) board. Minimum order qty from my Chinese PCB house was 10 @ $5 for the 10. The shipping costed more than the boards - not sure how they actually make any money on these!

If it matters, they are 100 x 80 in size (corresponds to max size for that price)

Edited by gwebster - 30 Apr 2021 at 10:44am
Inspire Apollo tt, O/L modded RB250, Ortofon 2M Black, Slee Different Approach inspired Phono, Putzeys Pre, Cusat, Raspberry Pi/Volumio, Bitzie, Self Load Invariant Power, Acoustic Energy AE509s
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic