FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Steven12xu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven12xu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accession
    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:18pm
I have an Accession MM with the standard power supply that I’d like to sell. I purchased it new in January 2021 and have used it about one month. I bought a preamp with a very high quality phono stage last week and I don’t need the Accession anymore. 
The preamp and power supply are condition ten out of ten. Original packaging.The power supply box is slightly crushed but closes and functions. I’m in the US and can usually ship the day of payment.
$850 shipped to the lower 48. Write for a shipping quote elsewhere.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:44pm
Hi Steven
Sorry to here your not happy with your Accession did you compare the two phono amps ? Not Knowing what Preamp you have just bought I am still surprised (if you have compared the two) that you have found the one built into to your new preamp is a better sounding phono amp.
But if your happy that's all that counts

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven12xu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:26pm
Hi Jonathan. 
 I bought a Rogue Audio RP-1. I’ve compared the phono stages for a week with every possible combination of cables I have. I pulled the JJ tubes yesterday and installed a pair of JAN Sylvania 6189s that I bought from Rogue’s stash. The Accession sounds very good but lacks the open high end of the Rogue with the new tubes. 
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 11:46pm
The full abilities of the Accession should not be judged until after a considerable and continuous power-on period of a 3-4 days (for a previously well-used unit) or 2-3 weeks for a brand new unit.

It takes some time before the circuits reach the level of stability required for critical listening.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 10:24am
What power supply are you using in the UK it comes with PSU1 as standard, I'm not sure what it comes with in the US. If it comes with the PSU1, if you can afford to what about the Enigma.
It's good advice from Ash
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven12xu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:57am
The Accession is sold. Someone got a bargain.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:59am
As I said as long as your happy that's all that counts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic