FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CD Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 55>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 8:25pm
Yes that seems to show where cd's are in their consumer lifecycle. Noting the clothing point maybe it is also about people's priorities in the cost of living crisis?
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 10:13pm
I think your right, the cost of living is hitting some people hard. The woman did say there is a market for old CDs but the second hand record shops are picky on what they will take and it's not worth the effort to find out what they will have off us as it costs us money. I do see her point.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 12:15pm
I have now put all my CDs into sleeves well the ones I can anyway. I did have ten shelfs filled I now have four and a half and have got rid of one unit, so now I have a space to put more records storage plus I have space in my CD unit to put more CDs. Now to get rid of the box's bit by bit.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 3:58pm
Well done.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 6:12pm
Not quite the 70% space saving but that is down to box sets and double CDs in cardboardsleeves, if it hadn't been for them I would have been down to four shelfs.
I have been reading that in 2021 global CD sales had increased for the first time this millennium and over 14 million CDs were bought in the UK in 2021. So it seems CDs are still popular, there is also a lot more people saying don't give up on CDs than there was a few years ago. 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 7:36pm
Today I played my two CD copies of Pink Floyd's TDSOTM album just to see if one was better than the other, one was a remaster twentieth anniversary edition. Well in my system and to my ears I didn't hear any difference, the only thing I got with the remaster was a nice box with pictures in it.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 5:09pm
One thing I've found out today after putting my CDs into sleeves it's a bit harder to find a CD I wont to play as the side is now not so easy to see as when it was in a jewel case. This is mainly because the CD I was looking for wasn't in the right place with the rest of that bands stuff & 2nd my eyesight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 55>
  Share Topic