FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CD Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 55>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 6:45pm
Just been reading on happymag.tv website on rare CDs and it starts with, would you pay 10 grand for a Eminem- Slim Shady EP on CD probably not but some people will. these are some of the prices that some CDs have gone for, David Bowie - Sound * Vision (1989) £4000, The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels Japan Tour (1990) £2000. Eminem - Slim Shady EP (1997) this went for £9837 and do you remember CD singles, a Michael Jackson - Smile, CD single went for £1200 but it did say the price tag only applies to copies of the Austrian edition. So it may be worth having look at your CD collection there may be some that are worth keeping hold of.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
Good point Jon, I suppose the package has become the object. At the moment my CD's are in a number of really useful boxes stacked in the former coal shed at the back of my utility room so it would be interesting if any were worth something to someone who wished they were there in the shop when I was. For me they are a way to hear the music, a convenient copy rather than the music itself.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 10:19pm
there was a link to Discogs but it was the USA site but it did have the same CDs listed, the Eminem CD was priced at a few $1000 in 2013 but had gone up to over $10000 in 2018. I don't know what it's worth today.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:58pm
Jon
you mentioned Wireless world, To me the good old cable is still the best for sound quality when it comes to HiFi and most other music play back and that means headphones as well, I use wire headphones for my personal music player too. You have got to spend a lot more for wireless headphones to get the same quality, you don't have to charge them up also. I'm for ever charging batteries up, I have always got something on charge. They do say you should never leave any thing on charge and go out for safety reasons. I smoke a E Cigarette and every battery I have ordered and bought as come with this warning
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 8:18pm
Cables work well for me too Jon. I still use cabled in-ears and headphones. Old school. On batteries my approach is to buy low discharge rechargeables (brand names come to mind) so the device works when I need it.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 10:01pm
When it comes to batteries the 2 websites I use check them and check the suppliers to make sure they are genuine (brand) before selling them. The last time I bought throw away ones was for my foot pump.
Going back to CDs, One thing I found interesting was that in the USA the sales of CDs had gone up since the pandemic, lockdown. the owner of HMV said that CD sales in the chain of shops he owns in Canada had gone up too. I'll be interested to see if this is the same for the UK

Edited by lfc jon - 06 Sep 2021 at 10:14pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 11:08pm
Curious about CD sales going up in US and Canada, makes sense UK would follow. Maybe being stuck at home and having new things arrive is the reason? 
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 55>
  Share Topic