FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CD Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 55>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:47pm
I have given up on EAC and now am trying out on 21 day free trial of dBPoweramp and I'm already getting on with it, It's a lot easer to use than EAC (for me) and I like the art work you get with the file that will make finding it a lot easer (again for me) you can probably get that with EAC but on dBPoweramp it comes as default. I am still not sure where computer audio is for me but you never know?
For the price I think dBPoweramp is worth it even if it's only because of easer of use. I have been side tracked a bit as I have just got a new pair of Cusat50 cables and have been comparing them with my old cables listening with headphones and speakers AND I like what I been hearing, So tomorrow I will be doing a lot more ripping with dBpoweramp and finding out a bit more about it.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:57pm
Jon, glad to hear you seem to be making progress with dBPoweramp.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:02am
Another thumbs-up here for dBPoweramp CD ripper. Very easy to use.
The art work download & CRC file checking are very handy.
I've had the odd occasion where it doesn't find the correct album artwork but this is quite rare.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 2:30pm
Fatmangolf
This ReplayGain DSP. What is it and what does it do? Is it the box down on the left?
I have just had my 1st CD where it could not get any Data, but found it easy to put in Artist and album title another plus point for this ripping software
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Fatmangolf
This ReplayGain DSP. What is it and what does it do? Is it the box down on the left?
I have just had my 1st CD where it could not get any Data, but found it easy to put in Artist and album title another plus point for this ripping software

Replay Gain is a method of adjusting volume. I would recommend leaving that alone and not using it during the ripping process.

If you decide later you need to apply RG tags, you can do that within a playback software program like Foobar2000 or a similar program. For ripping you don't need it, and it will only complicate things for you.

dBPower actually has multiple ways of retrieving data for albums. If you load a CD, and it doesn't find anything, you can select another method from the menu and see if that does the trick. If nothing works, you can add the information automatically after the rip is done.

The way I do that is by using a free program called MP3Tag. I don't use it often, but it works great for when I need it.

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:20pm
I use it's Linux cousin, Puddletag. I'd be lost without it.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 7:25pm
I have made a short list of external SSD but can't make up my mind which one to go for?
List is - SanDisk Extreme V2, Western Digital My Passport (these are my preferred choice as I have had these brands before and found them vary reliable) Samsung T5 and T7. I am not interested in the security side of things as I'm only going to use them for music.
Any thoughts on which one to go for or is there any other suggestions I should put on my list?
One more thing, I like the idea of SSD being a portable one as I can take my music with me when out and about ie going to someone's home, this is the reason for not wonting security as I would need to load software to another computer to play my music (that's how I read it)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 55>
  Share Topic