FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CD Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 55>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 7:20pm
There is one manufacture and this is Marantz that seems to have faith in the CD they still seem to bring out a new player once a year, I have noticed a few bring out transport only players. But one big thing I have noticed is a few manufactures are making a CD player and streamer in one box. May be this is the way forward, I don't know. Me (a dinosaur) and people like me will always like to have a hard copy of their music and I think there will always be people  that will still like to collect and look at their collection in the future.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:54pm
It's only when you box up the CD's the physical size of the collection becomes clear IMO. Nice to scroll through but it was a lot of shelf space in my living room, hence boxed up out back.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:09pm
yes they do take up a lot of space and with the vinyl too it's a LOT and  then there is my DVD, Blu-ray and book collection. Lets just put it this way if I had a big disposable income I would need another room to put my collection in. So I suppose with digital audio this is the only way some people can have a big collection of music, All stored on a hard drive or such. I wonder how in a 100 years time people will look back at CDs and what they will say? (what a waste of space)
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:53pm
It was my growing bluray and dvd collection that made me box up the cd's! I gave the shelf space to the media I was playing.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Kent Phil 1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Phil 1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:22am
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

There is one manufacture and this is Marantz that seems to have faith in the CD they still seem to bring out a new player once a year, I have noticed a few bring out transport only players. But one big thing I have noticed is a few manufactures are making a CD player and streamer in one box. May be this is the way forward, I don't know. Me (a dinosaur) and people like me will always like to have a hard copy of their music and I think there will always be people  that will still like to collect and look at their collection in the future.

Indeed..... I have the Marantz ND8006 in my system (as well as my old Naim CD3.5 going through the tuner input) which is a dual CD Playeer / Streamer / DAC. I really love it!
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:30pm
I used to like my Marantz gear but as I up graded my HiFi I had no dealers that sold any of their upper range stuff in my area, As we all know it's nice to be able listen (with in your system) before buying. the only dealer that I know that sells most of their range is over a 2 hours car ride from where I live, a long 
way to go if you find it's not for you.
Had to edit this post.
1. what source do you listen to most. 
2. That is the beauty of Graham Slee stuff you can try before you buy all for the price of P&P

Edited by lfc jon - 20 Sep 2021 at 7:50pm
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 8:32pm
Do any of you clean their CDs. I used to have a CD cleaner years ago so long ago I can't remember when, It was hand operated you turned an handle around, that's about all I remember of it. Now I only clean CDs that wont play or jump and I do it with a damp (water) cloth (it's not vary often) I can't remember hearing any difference after cleaning that's probably why I got rid of it or just throw it out. I always handle by the edges so never touch the playing surface. 
If any of you have heard a difference what do you use?
This post as come about after reading on the internet, someone cleans his CDs and claims he does hear a difference
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 55>
  Share Topic