FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CD Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by beancounter beancounter wrote:

Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Which cd player did you have before this one?

Audiolab 8300CD. Don't get me wrong it sounded good but I wanted a warmer sound. To me it was a bit harsh at the top end, especially with headphones on.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
beancounter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beancounter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 3:12pm

Up date
My new CD player is running geat, no more loading problems. Whats funny is those CDs are now loading and reading first time, I don't have a clue what was going on the first time I tried to play them in the new player.
The sound is detailed and warm and with headphones on I seem to be getting a bit more bass, which is great news and it sounds a lot less harsh to the ears which will be good for long listening sessions. 
The best way I can descibe the sound of the new player is, it's more musical. It's a CD player for the music lover, not a audiophile.

Which cd player did you have before this one?

Proprius
Libran
Spatia
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 3:02pm
Up date
My new CD player is running geat, no more loading problems. Whats funny is those CDs are now loading and reading first time, I don't have a clue what was going on the first time I tried to play them in the new player.
The sound is detailed and warm and with headphones on I seem to be getting a bit more bass, which is great news and it sounds a lot less harsh to the ears which will be good for long listening sessions. 
The best way I can descibe the sound of the new player is, it's more musical. It's a CD player for the music lover, not a audiophile.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 3:17pm
The three CDs I had a problems with not reading first time, I tried them in my old player and in the one in the car and they both had the same problem with these CDs, so I thought I'd give them a clean, this didn't help. I have now played other CDs in my new CD player and no  problems. One thing I will say about the new player is, I think the designer must have been partially blind because the display is big and bloody bright and you can't turn it down or off which I use to do with the old player, not that it made any difference to the sound, to my ears anyway.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Chris Firth Chris Firth wrote:

If you had SACD discs the likelihood is they'd be hybrid discs, so the CD layer should play without issue.
Thanks for reminding me, I did know that but forgotten it. My bl**dy memory is crap.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:42pm
If you had SACD discs the likelihood is they'd be hybrid discs, so the CD layer should play without issue.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Unless it's some sort of weird disc, that definitely shouldn't happen with any brand new CD player. Hopefully you get that issue resolved.

Just this min after your post I loaded another CD and it read It OK, but I will see if it persists. This CD player only plays RED BOOK CDs, not a problem for me as I don't have any SACDs and if I did or had CD-R or RW I can alwaya play them on my old player as I am keeping it just in case I do decide to get into computer audio, that's a big if mind you. but you never know!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
  Share Topic