FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Carpe diem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
poppyhb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote poppyhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpe diem
    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 5:41pm
OK, so I notice the normal 2-week lead time has gone out to 4 weeks our more. Plan A - wait and see if it gets better ... pardon? Got my pension lump sum today (a nod to Legal and General being right on the button there) and while the bulk of it's committed to home improvements, what's a preamp if it doesn't improve the home? 

Plan B: Order placed, now let's see how long it takes my Revelation M to arrive. Nice to have things to look forward to. I can always do some DIY while I wait.

Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:09pm
Thank you for seizing the moment and also for joining the forum.

Sorry for the long delivery time, we're a bit overrun with orders.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:08am
Evidently the hifi industry has been going gangbusters during repeated lockdowns. People home more listening. The more you listen the more you expect better. The dealers I usually use have all said the delays are getting longer and they can’t hold on to stock. 

I’m very glad to hear that demand is high, Graham. 
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 3:48pm
Congrats on your new gear. The wait will be worth it. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
poppyhb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote poppyhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 4:46pm
Yes, I’m sure it’s worth waiting for. It’s true we’re listening more in lockdown. I don’t actually have more spare time, but I need regular sessions to keep sane. I’d just set up home cinema for the family going into lockdown, and nice though it is having a projected picture 10ft wide, I’m finding my record collection, vinyl and CD, even more compelling.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 7:26pm
Thanks Poppy. I've just placed an order this week for some more HFC cables and know it's worth the wait.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 7:28pm
We are all on this forum I'm sure listening to more music I know I am, I thought I would get more done around the home and other things being that I can't go out but NO it as not turned out that way, I think this lockdown as made me  lazy (why do it to day when I can do it tomorrow) Plus I have been buying a lot of new music. I did think I would save money not being able to go to the pub but again it has not worked out that way. I have also been listening with my headphone more too but I don't know why. One thing I have miss is not being able to go to record shops.
Poppghb I'm sure it will be worth the wait
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic