FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Carpe diem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:01pm
Hi All
  We’re fortunate here in Australia with our relative isolation. No new cases nationwide for a few weeks now. Almost full crowds for sport, everything is open. However, I think my extra listening that occurred in lockdown has stayed with me - I’m not listening quite as much as I was, but certainly much more than I did previously. 
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:45pm
Hi Mick
We here in the UK are a bit like you as in being an island but here we are still in some sort of lockdown but not as bad as the 1st one but still nothing like the things we enjoyed before the virus, you seemed to have done something better than us, I said at the beginning when we had the 1st case of the virus that we should have closed are borders but we didn't and that may what you did, if so it seems to have worked.
As you have said I too have been listening more, but I think it may stay with me as I have been enjoying my music more (I don't know why) I still can't wait to get back to some sort of normal when that will be I don't know
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
poppyhb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppyhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 5:02pm
I read in the paper a while back that households had saved an average of £7,100 each since lockdown began. If we’re no better off, some families must be rolling in it... Come to think of it, if your big expense is multiple foreign holidays, a family could have saved £10,000 or more in a year. I’ve bought more music, too, and our food bill went up ... 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 7:45pm
Hi Poppy
Where do they get these figures from, a lot of us have been on furlough on 80% pay and your right food bills have gone up too. I know I was not using my car a lot but still I only put in about £40 petrol a mouth so the saving on that was not much and you can say the saving on that I  lost  because of the 20% less pay. I think a lot of families lost money not SAVED. You said it with someone going on multiple holidays they would save but they are not the average earner. That's the trouble with the law of averages, someone on minimum wage is put in with someone earning £100000s. People saved so why did FOOD BANKS say more people were using them on lockdown than before. The figures I read were from the government and all I can say is B--L SH--
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 8:43pm
Agreed. People matter and those 'average' statistics don't.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Help with bass View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Help with bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:02pm
 Inspired to step out of my own day-seizing comfort zone I switched out my GA2 for the Accession MM which arrived today and so wanted to share my own ‘wow’  moment. Wow! 

I’m using a Denon DL-110 whose output is rated at 1.6mV with the Variable output direct into Bryston 4B/NRB (quoted input sensitivity 1.4V for 250Wpc into 8 ohms).  My speakers are PMC GB1 with 87db sensitivity. I’m getting plenty of volume in my middle sized room with the output level between 11-12 o’clock. The Denon maybe isn’t the ideal match being at the very bottom of the recommended input sensitivity range. No worries, I’m about halfway through the tip so I will replace with Nagaoka MP-500 in due course. (I’d be grateful for any thoughts on this or other recommended cartridges!).  I also evidently have a cartridge alignment issue I was not previously aware of, because the music is getting very slightly but perceptibly quieter in relation to surface noise towards the end of a record side. Wow!  Back now to running in, looking forward to the two week honeymoon where things just keep getting better!

TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by poppyhb poppyhb wrote:

Plan B: Order placed, now let's see how long it takes my Revelation M to arrive. Nice to have things to look forward to. I can always do some DIY while I wait.

From one Revelation M owner to a future Revelation M owner, it'll be worth looking forward to, Poppy.
And when it arrives it'll be the turn of the DIY to wait. Big smile
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic