FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Mogami 2803 for GSP phono

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ndt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mogami 2803 for GSP phono
    Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 5:13am

There are more and more GSP reflex and Era gold users are switching their IC from suggested belden  to Mogami 2803.  I manage to loan one from a friend and found that 2803 is very musical and quiet, music appears in a very dark background, compare to the standard GSP suggested belden cable……

I was hopping Graham can throw in a few comments or any experts who have tried this cable can share their experience with us….

ndt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 7:47am
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 8:59am

Not addressing your question directly, but

could I draw your attention to the fact that there is a separate section for I/C related topics ?

http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/forum_topics.asp?FID=16

Edited by tg - 11 Jun 2009 at 9:01am
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 11:45pm
Topic moved here from Turntable Audio: Graham Slee Phono Stages at 23:42 BST 11 June 2009
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:07am
First Plus-Point: It is fully shielded! It therefore grabs my attention straight away.

Second Plus-Point: Probably requiring an hypothesis... the charecteristics of the "signal" and "return/shield" seem to have been made to match having the same materials in contact with both conductors - the centre one being a hollow braid or lapped layer around polyester, same as the polyester jacket is in contact with the shield. Thus any notable insulation resistance is common to both, and the hypothesis being that the velocity of propagation is the same on both conductors. This may reduce some cable inductance.

Third Plus-Point: Polypropylene dielectric has a low dielectric absorption which can be good. However, comparisons between different polypropylene capacitors show that polypropylene does not in itself guarantee musical excellence.

The acid-test: does it work?

Compared to an equally low capacitance cable such as cellular CT100, what difference is there?

Is there any noticeable directional effect (does reversing the cable lead to a better sound?)

Does the sound improve after manipulation (flexing)?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ndt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 4:27am

2803 work for many of GSP reflex and GSP V users.  Including people who have previously own CT100, Klotzs, canerie, kimber and 47Lab cable at etc.   People who currently used 2803 found that the cable lower the noise and improves the musical presentation.   I would also say the construction of 2803 is very similar to AU24 designer cable.

CT100 is great cable; it works well with my reflex and bryston BP25 very well.  When the loan 2803 cable arrived, I seriously do not feel like testing it (as 2803 is not GSP certifiedLOLLOLLOL ).    After spending a week end with 2803, CT100 was back with the system.  Immediate effect of putting CT100 was that noise level increase (no more dark background), and music become less tidy.

I don't think the cable itself is directional, but will get my friend to test it out and report back shortly......

ndt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 5:08am
Reporting bk... The cable is not directional  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic