FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Streamer experiences, please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:45pm
As long as you're enjoying your music, that's what really matters.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 3:50am
Precisely!

(Still envious of your skills, though...)
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 8:44pm
My journey along the Graham Slee path was primarily focused on upgrading my analogue system. First the Accession MM provided a totally different level of sound quality to my previous P******t device. Trying a Proprius plus Majestic combination proved fatal for the bank balance.  What really surprised me was the transformation of digital source that Majestic dac provided. It reminded me of what happened in the '80s after buying and early A&R Camb. CD player. Now analogue had a real challenging alternative.  Same with the Majestic, cd from my Camb A CDX transport sounded as good (to my aged ears) as my vinyl but without the inherent pops and crackle. However, streaming from an old pc with an M Audio SPIDF audio card no longer cut it. The noise level from both the cooling fan and electronic interference became unacceptable. I was interested in  possibly building a RPI system and read with interest Ash's post regarding a single board pc alternative. Both seem to offer similar sound quality if the right audio card is used. Then I came cross the Lindemann Limetree bridge.  A very simple streamer that would route music rips stored on a NAS via SPIDF connection  to the Majestic. It appeared to match GS products both visually and technically. Thought it worth a try and tracked down a ver I model at reduced price which even the distributor said is the same specification as the new ver II. Having listened to it for a couple of weeks I'm really impressed.  OK the Lindemann app that has to be used to control it is a little clunky but it works without problem.  The sound is as good or better than the cd before trying a high res. streaming service.
Seems to me to be an ideal combination, it is the same form factor to sit on top of my Novo and streams reliable up to 192/24 (if required). And at a price that puts a smile on a Yorkshireman.  Sorted.

Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 9:21pm
The Pink Faun S/PDIF dual-coax PCIe soundcard I bought for £320 is excellent and should improve further once I power it from Graham's DAK 5V 3A PSU. I cancelled my Hackboard 2 order due to changes in its features but I am still watching it with interest. Still considering better ATX-standard supplies for my main motherboard too. I want one computer good enough for both ripping and playback. Quality originates foremost at the power supply I think. Power is certainly one of the main bottlenecks if it is inadequate.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:27am
Mike - a quick thanks for mentioning the Lindemann Limetree bridge, which I'd not been aware of. I've been considering some sort of simple streaming arrangement for the upstairs 'office' system. All I want to do is render tracks from a portable HDD. I had a quick look at their website and this could be what I'm looking for.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 5:45pm
I too had a look at the Limetree Bridge and it does look interesting, but at that price I’m very pleased I went down the Raspberry Pi route.

Edited by ICL1P - 28 Jul 2021 at 7:30am
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:34pm
It's software on my PC rather than dedicated hardware but I've enjoyed Roon since I got it. Good sound but it is a fast PC with the music on separate SSD's from the o/s and apps.  I like the Android interface for Roon on my tablet.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic